✯15. 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘱

Chloe stared down at her arm. It had started going numb. Her fingers grew tingly and weak. She let out a hiss before grabbing her knife from her thigh holster.

She grabbed the fabric of one of her long sleeves by her teeth. Carefully, with her good hand, she cut through the stretchy material. She winced at the ugly ripping sound. "Sorry, shirt..." She whispered through the fabric, muffling her voice.

Once the sleeve came free, she slid it off of her arm. She dropped her knife by her side. She reached for the fabric on her injured arm, tearing it off easily thanks to the huge rip. She groaned loudly. "Mh... Harder than I thought."

She held out her arm. She took the fabric between her teeth and hand, wrapping it slowly around the gash. She grimaced and let out a soft whimper of pain. Blood soaked through her makeshift bandage quickly. She kept wrapping it until she ran out of material. 

She tied a tight knot at the end of it, securing it on her arm like a tourniquet. She let her arm fall, leaning against the wall as she recovered from the torment. She could only pray it was enough to subdue the bleeding.

After a few moments, she turned her head to Leon. She first gazed at his shoulder to ensure it wasn't getting worse. When she saw no sign of blood, she let out a quiet sigh of relief. It seemed like they were going to be okay. No, they had to be okay. She glanced at his chest, watching it rise and fall steadily with each breath.

She shoved her knife back into her thigh holster. She clipped the pocket closed with a satisfying click before returning her attention to the cop. Her brows furrowed, and her neutral expression slowly shifted into sadness. 

"Jesus..." She whispered. "You didn't deserve this..." She stared at him. "I'm so sorry, Leon..."

She reached out and grabbed his limp hand lying by his side. She intertwined their fingers, her thumb rubbing the back of it gently. She closed her eyes, pursing her lips to fight back tears.

She was so tired. So, so exhausted. But whenever she closed her eyes, images of the horrors surrounding them flashed through the darkness. It was so unfair. Yes, this is what she did for a living. Yes, this is what she signed up for. But for everyone else?

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Fuck me..." She breathed shakily, her eyes glossed over. Her grip tightened on Leon's hand. "Fuck all of this..."

She let her head fall onto Leon's good shoulder. She was silent after that. 

...

Twenty minutes later, Chloe opened her eyes to feel Leon stir. She lifted her head off of his shoulder. He opened his eyes slowly, his gaze darting to the bandages around his shoulder before over at her. He seemed relieved once he saw her. The corner of his lip turned up slightly in a grin.

"Chloe..." He whispered. "How long was I out?"

Chloe glanced at her wristwatch. "Thirty minutes," she whispered. "How do you feel?"

He shrugged, "Fine... Better than I did." He spotted the shirt fabric around her wounded arm. "And you?"

She chuckled, "I'm fine. Had to get creative."

He nodded. "That's good." He breathed. He looked down, seeing their hands clasped together. His eyes widened slightly.

She blinked a few times. "Sorry-" She tried to take her hand away from his, but his grip suddenly tightened so she wouldn't let go.

He shook his head, "Don't be." He offered a small smile. "It's... uh... nice." A light pink dusted his cheeks.

She cleared her throat. "I-... I can't argue with that." She muttered. She felt her cheeks heat up, and she shook her head to try and refute her thoughts.