☯27. 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦: 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

Work for us.

Those words changed the trajectory of Chloe and Leon's lives. Threatened with Sherry's wellbeing and their livelihoods as they knew it, the two decided to comply to the military's demands and join the force. 

Sherry was kept as research subject in US military custody. It's unknown what was done to her behind closed doors per the military's protective measures. However, she was later placed in custody of a military family on the East Coast, far from the Arklay Mountains. 

Quickly following the interrogation, Leon and Chloe were both sent off to basic training in Nebraska, where they would be for 8 weeks to establish the ground necessary for active combat. The two were placed in separate sectors - though training within the same facility - and never got to see each other again after parting ways.

A few days after their escape from Raccoon City, President Graham ordered that the city and mountain surrounding it be neutralized. An estimated 90% of citizens were assumed either dead or infected. Deemed extremely dangerous and unsalvagable, rescue efforts for other survivors were ceased.  A destruction plan was put into action.

A small nuclear bomb was dropped on the city. The explosion caused a small earthquake to rippled through the continental United States and Canada, and all traces of the incident and Umbrella's flagship headquarters was permanently erased.

So were any other survivors waiting for refuge.

TWO MONTHS LATER.

NOVEMBER 1998.

OMAHA, NEBRASKA.

Chloe was standing opposite Major Jack Krauser, a strict military officer hellbent on making his two best recruits prepared for whatever came at them. In his hand was a combat knife, polished and sharpened to the utmost degree. In Chloe's hand was a combat knife she used previously n Raccoon City, and clearly had some wear and tear.

Krauser bent his knees and put his hands up, his blade aimed at Chloe. Chloe copied him, narrowing her eyes. "I'm ready, Major."

Krauser nodded. "You better hope you are." He muttered, before lunging at her.

He pounced at her, throwing the blade at her stomach. Chloe quickly brought her hand down and blocked the blunt end of the blade with her wrist. She threw her knife to her opposite hand, stabbing it at Krauser's  to get him off of her. She put her hand behind her wrist, holding the knife horizontally as she trusted it at his neck. He stopped the blade with his, the squealing of metal on metal echoing throughout the small training room.

Krauser smirked. "Don't try to kill me now, Auclair." He warned quietly. "Channel your energy. Don't just swing. Makes you look stupid."

Chloe growled under her breath, her arm muscles tensing up as she shoved Krasuer's knife off of hers. She held her knife in a vice grip and struck her arm toward his chest. He stepped out of the way, his knife again making contact wit hers and stopping her abruptly. She winced, a wave of pain shooting up her arm.

"If you put yourself in awkward positions, you'll lose. Everytime."He suggested.

Chloe nodded, retracting her arm and looked up at him. Her eyes clouded with thought for a moment. Then, she swung her leg toward his ankle. Krasuer's eyes widened and he fell off balance, stumbling to catch himself. She used the moment of weakness to strapp her arm across his chest, bringing her blade to his throat, right up against his vocal cords. He struggled within her grip, before a laugh echoed through the room.

"Not bad." He complimented, tapping her arm to get her to release. "But not good either."

Chloe stepped back, catching her breath. "What do you mean? I got you in a headlock..."