Child

Suggestion by: rubyarc34
Thank you for your suggestion!
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you wanted, it was kind of rushed!

Both Uzi and N where wondering around outside of the pod in search of some spare parts for the pod and uzis new and improved rail gun. "N, you go that way I'll go this way," Uzi said and pointed off to the right, which was the way N would go. "Okay!" He said cheerfully and began to walk down the hill and out of sight of Uzi. Uzi walked left picking up small parts as she cane across them. Their plan was to walk in a large circle with them meeting up a few yards ahead of where they split, it would bring them right to the edge of the dead forest.

Uzi and N continued on their separate paths picking up small and medium sized parts and carrying them as the continued. They would come back through later and pick up the larger ones that where to big for Uzi's backpack. As they grew closer to the forest they become visible to the other, and they couldn't help the little flutters in their cores as they saw each other once again. They met up in the designated spot and Uzi spun to face her back to N where her backpack was.

The disassembly drone unzipped the pack and gently placed all his discovered parts into it he then took Uzi's from her arms and placed them into the pack as well. "How about an oil break, you look like you could use it," Uzi suggested and N chuckled rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah, that would be nice," he said sheepishly and followed Uzi into the dead forest, where they sat in the trees a can of oil in each of their hands. They sat in quite with the occasional howl of the wind, when once it brought a long with it the sound of something odd.

N looked behind them in an instant scanning the area with his yellow eyes. "You alright N?" Uzi asked having caught this sudden movement. "Hm? Yeah, I'm fine.. just thought I heard something," N said his form relaxing slowly as the wind howled again, this time Uzi also heard the unusual noise and the two shared a glance before jumping from the trees. Uzi and N began to creep the way the wind had blown, as it had been the direction the noise was coming from. As they grew closer the sound became louder and more clear.

Uzi stopped once she recognized the sound, it was familiar to her as she delt with untrained neutral networks, aka children. "You good Uzi?" N asked turning to the drone, when she didnt respond he walked in front of her and took her hands. "Hey, Uzi?" He tried again and she looked at him. "Oh, sorry N I kinda spaced out," she said her voice soft and quiet. N nodded but he found this behavior odd coming from the most rebellious drone he knew. "Let's keep going, yeah?" He said with a smile.

Uzi took a breath and nodded before they continued walking, the sound was right next to them when they stopped again. "Okay, split up N you take the trees I got the ground," Uzi instructed and began to look around the ground for anything that was off. "Okay!" He said and opened his wings with the screeching sound of metal on metal before he took off into the trees. Uzi winced at the sound, making a mental note to check on the disassembly drones wings and get them oiled up again.

She continued looking around the ground when she tripped over something face planning into the ground. Uzi got up to her knees and turned around to get up while she rubbed her head. She walked over to where she tripped and knelt down moving the snow away. Uzi was expecting something simple like a tree root or a large snow covered rock, but she found a frozen worker drone. She was in the fetal position something held in her arms, she seemed to have died due to a wound on her back.

The drones back was covered with frozen oil and the snow below her had metaled and mixed with the spilt oil before freezing again to make this dark gray ice. In the drones arms was a small baby worker drone who was splattered with oil but alive and well. The baby continued to cry, which pulled at Uzi's heart strings. She picked up the child and held it to her chest as she walked back to where she and N had split up. "Uzi!" He shouted having spotted her, he was smiling wildly waiting for her.