CHAPTER 3

The Beast was injured and Beauty was there to help him. He felt something he never felt before.

-

Chay got better in the course of days. Though, he returned to work the following day as promised. He was afraid to get sick again that day, but thankfully, he was fine. And, he's better now. Physically, at least, but mentally? No, he's definitely not. After his encounter with Kimhan, Chay has been watching himself like what he told him that night. This has been stressing Chay all the time.

Kimhan has been staying mostly at home this past week, just watching Chay's every move. The moment Chay made a mistake, he would immediately shoot him dead. This thought made him shiver. He tried to seek help from Big, but he's just powerless as he is when their boss is around.

"Just be careful when he's around, Porchay." Those were the only words Big told him. He doesn't know if it should be advice or a warning.

But this day is different. Kimhan left already when Chay woke up. This made him sigh in relief. He thinks that breathing around Kim is wrong. That's what he made Chay feel like. He felt like he's been holding his breath after all this time and this is the only time he got to breathe freely again.

He managed to clean the whole place thoroughly, which he can't do because Kimhan has been watching him closely and just wants to stay at his quarters most of the time. It actually felt good, like some sort of therapy. He's distracted and just alone with his positive thoughts. Before he knows it, it's nighttime already. He already ate, and he wants to rest in his room now.

Then, he heard someone burst into the room and a thud sound coming after. Chay rushed immediately, and gasped. It's Kimhan, laying on the floor and all bloodied. This has happened before when they first met, the difference is there's no bullet flying. Not yet, at least.

"Khun Kimhan... Oh my goodness," Chay said as he rushed to Kimhan's side and kneeled, "Are you alive? Please, be alive, Khun." he added and poked the unconscious body. No response. He poked again. Still, no response, "Oh no, you're dead. I need to call P'Big." he was about to stand when Kimhan gripped at his wrist which made Chay scream.

Kimhan groaned and tried to say something, but only inaudible words came out of his mouth. Well, that's good. At least, he's not dead. "Khun Kimhan! Oh thank the stars, you're alive. Are you okay?" Chay asked and realized how dumb that question was. Of course, he's not fine. He's literally bleeding on the floor and looked like beaten again into a pulp. He also has a knife cut on his arm, not that deep but obviously needs a stitch.

"Khun, can you get up? We need to get you in a hospital." Chay said worriness coating his voice.

"N-No... No hospital..." Kimhan muttered weakly.

"But, Khu–" Chay tried to say but Kimhan glared at him which made him stop.

Kimhan tried to get up but he was too weak to do so. Chay tried to help but Kimhan pushed him away, "S-Stay away..."

Chay groaned frustratingly. Even in this kind of state, Kimhan is still hard-headed as always. "Khun, please. There are only the two of us here. Let me, at least, help you." Chay said. He could just let him suffer, but Chay's heart was too pure to let him bleed to death.

Kimhan glared at him again and accepted Chay's offering hand. They both stumbled their way to Kimhan's room. He can hear his boss' curses and mutters under his breath as he endures the pain. His clothes were already stained in blood. When they reached his room, he slowly put Kimhan down on his bed.

"Stay here," Chay said, which made Kimhan grunt. Of course, he won't go anywhere. He can't even move without Chay's assistance. Chay left the room to grab the aiding kit and other things he will need to med his boss.