Twelve: Obsidian

"So, do you have something planned out?" Ana asks me.

Mikah looks at me. "Yeah. I honestly have no idea how we would go and rescue them without being seen."

"We go in the night," I propose to them my idea.

Mikah crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow. "Yeah. Okay. How do you suppose we get in genius? The doors are all locked."

"Yeah. How do we?" Ana asks, siding with Mikah.

I look around for some reason unknown. "We use our key cards, duh."

Mikah and Ana exchange glances. "Oh. Yeah. Obviously," Mikah says, rubbing his forearm while his face is turning rather red.

Ana then mutters, "I can't believe I didn't think of that." She puts on a pout.

I suppress a laugh. I try to look as serious as possible. "We sneak into the prison with our keycards. And then, we set Craig, Kyle, and Gabriel free."

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

Mikah had left for a small while to tend to something.

I run my hand through my black hair. Then I make sure to fix my concealer.

Ana looks at me and snorts, "What are you doing there, vampire? It's not like you can see your reflection."

I roll my golden eyes. "Yeah okay. Whatever."

There's a knock on the door.

Ana tells me, "Someone is at the door."

I huff, "And thank you Captain Obvious." I stalk toward the door and open it.

There is Mikah and his spouse. They step inside as I close the door.

"You're Izak Greene, right?" I ask him.

Izak shakes his head. "Greene is a fake last name."

I raise a raven colored eyebrow. "If Greene isn't your last name then what is it?"

He says, "Al-Nimr. Izak Al-Nimr."

I look at Izak clearly confused.

He says, "I'm from Egypt."

"Oh," I say.

Mikah throws in, "He's also a Muslim and he's Polysexual."

"Oh okay," Ana says. She looks a little amused. She smirks. "We should start our own rainbow mafia... Give Maximoff the what for."

I lean in and whisper to Mikah, "Is Izak going to help us?"

Mikah nods. "Yeah. I told him about the plan. He's in."

I smile. "Alright then. Who's ready to free some innocents?"

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

It's midnight when we decide to sneak out. We can't be caught helping Craig, Kyle, and Gabriel; because if we are, we will join them.

We come up with the alibi that we were all on our way home from worship. Hopefully the fact that Ana is a Satanist, won't blow our cover.

Izak and Mikah hold hands as they walk down the street.

Ana and I exchange glances.

Ana sighs. "Jeez…. They get a happy relationship, but yet I don't get a girlfriend?"

I roll my eyes.

In no time we are right in front of the prison building.

"Are you guys ready?" Mikah asks, pulling out his card.

Izak, Ana, and I nod. "Yeah."

"Obsidian!"

I turn around. There, I see Sam and Leo.

"Hey Sam," I say, trying to act unsuspicious. "What are you and Leo doing here?"

To my surprise, instead of Sam speaking, Leo says, "We felt bad for the kids back in the LGBTQ sector, so, we're setting them free." When Leo speaks, his accent really seems to slip out.

I eye Sam. "Sam, is this true?"

Sam sighs. "Yeah." She pauses, but then continues. "Let me guess, you guys are doing that too?"

"How'd you guess?" Ana calls out to her.

No one answers Ana.

I turn to face the door. "Mikah, open it."

Izak, Mikah, Ana, Sam, Leo, and I all walk in, slightly holding our breath.

As we're walking through the corridors, I ask Sam, "Didn't you say that I was in a phase?"

"Yeah."

I raise an raven colored eyebrow. "So, why are you doing this?"

"Leo is an aromantic pansexual," Sam begins to tell me. "Also, I know you aren't in a phase."

I'm shocked. "You knew I wasn't?"

Sam nods. "That's just the way you are. And to be truthful, I just wanted to fit in. I know love is love."

I smile.

Izak calls out. "We're here."

Leo, Mikah, and I exchange glances and we each open a cell.

Leo leads Craig out.

Mikah gets Kyle.

And I pull out an unconscious Gabriel.

Izak sees me struggling to keep a hold of Gabe, so he takes him into his arms.

"Where are we going?" Craig asks.

Kyle nods as if he wants to know too.

Izak says, "We're saving you."

We're about to leave when we hear, "What about me?"

"Huh?" Mikah calls.

A boy in a cell labeled 'Jack von Muller' says, "Help me too."

Leo sighs and pulls out his key card again. The cell clicks open and the boy walks out.

And Mikah says, "We can't go back to Daskanalasć. We'll get arrested. So where do we go?"

Ana smirks. "I might know a place."