Fourteen: Craig

I wake up, a smile on my face. Today feels different from other days--mainly based on the fact that I'm no longer in a 7 by 5 foot cell.

There's a knock on my door. "Mr. Romanov, may I come in?"

I laugh then I try to act as serious as possible. "Who is it?"

The shrill high pitched voice echoes from outside the door, "There's people hunting me! A friend of mine said you'd be the best fit for the job."

"Come in," I command.

Kyle wheels in on the wheelchair that Ana provided for him with tattered clothes on. My blond boyfriend plops himself down on my bed.

"My lips are cold," I comment as I purse my lips.

Kyle giggles. He leans in close. He is so close I can feel his breath on my lips. Kyle whispers, "Maybe I can help you warm them up." He kisses me passionately.

I give into him. But then I pull away. Then I ask him, "Don't you think it's a little too early for this, Ky?"

Kyle shakes his head. "It's never too early, Craig." He lays down onto the bed and whimpers, "Come on." Kyle runs his hand over my shoulder.

I grin wildly. I pull off my shirt. Then my jeans. I lunge onto Kyle.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't see that," a voice calls out.

Kyle and I look up to the door, wildly embarrassed.

Ana is just standing there with raised eyebrows.

"Can't you see we're busy?" Kyle asks Ana.

Ana then fires back with, "We'll if you're busy then maybe you should consider closing the door."

Kyle's face turns ruby red with embarrassment.

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I was sent to tell you dorks that breakfast is ready," Ana tells us. Then the lesbian stalks away singing, "There better be bacon!"

I'm hot with embarrassment. I pull my jeans back on and button them.

"Well that sucked," Kyle says. "Worst date ever," he moans.

I pull my light gray t-shirt over my head. "Yeah. Tell me about it." I turn to Kyle and say,"I guess we have to get breakfast now."

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

Once we get to the table, Ana is staring awkwardly at us.

Mikah is talking to Obsidian.

Leo is busy eating.

Jack and Izak are speaking to each other.

Gabriel is most likely in his room.

And Sam is nowhere to be found.

Just then Sam barges in. "Guys, I think we have a problem."

"What?" Jack asks her with raised eyebrows.

"I've noticed that Gabriel has lost a lot of weight in the past few days. He's skin and bones." Sam pauses for a second but then she continues. "He hasn't been able to keep his food down. I'm worried."

Izak says, "If my calculations are correct, the bullet hit him in the spleen. That would be the cause of his issues."

"Is it fatal?" Leo asks.

"Yeah is it?" Mikah is intrigued.

Izak tells us, "Most likely."

Obsidian asks, "How do we help Gabriel?"

Izak tells us, "We need to remove the bullet. Since I had an apprenticeship at the hospital, I think I'm the only one who can perform the surgery."

Obsidian questions, "Will you be able to?"

Izak nods. "I think so." Then the Egyptian boy's voice grows grim, "Let's just hope that this is enough."