Thirty-Three: Obsidian

Once Wentz and Wheller are gone, Gabriel turns to all of us.

“We have to come up with plan,” he says.

Kyle asks, “What kind of a plan?”

Gabriel says, “We have to figure out to get rid of Maximoff.”

Ana rubs her hands together. “This will be good!”

Gabriel looks at her. “And no Ana, we aren’t going to kill him!”

Ana grumps, “You’re no fun!”

Craig asks, “And may I ask why we can’t kill the man that has been torturing us and the thousands of people like us?”

Laszlo gazes at Gabriel as if he’s genuinely interested to figure that out too.

Gabriel sighs, “Because that will make us no better than him.”

Johanna articulates, “Gabe does have a point.”

Kartir nods in agreement.

Oko sits quietly.

“So, are you guys with me?” Gabriel asks.

Jack says, “Okay, Guyliner. I’m with you a hundred percent.”

Gabriel smiles. “Thank you, Jack.”

Jack grumbles, “Don’t push your luck, dude.”

Gabriel turns to Izak. “Izak since you’re the brains of this, can you figure out the plan?”

Izak nods. “Yeah but I’ll need help.”

Gabriel tells him, “You get Mikah, Craig, Kyle, and Sam.”

Izak smiles. “Got it.”

Izak walks toward the white board. Mikah, Craig, Kyle, and Sam join him to look at the plan of action.

“Ana?” Gabriel begins to address the lesbian.

“Yeah?”

“You teach Laszlo, Jack, Tyler, and Johanna how to fight,” Gabriel says.

Ana salutes him. “I won’t let you down.”

“Leopold and Kartir go help out Izak’s team. They’ll need to know the lay out of the capital building.”

Leo and Kartir head towards Izak.

“Oko, just do your thing.”

Oko nods and starts sharpening a knife.

I stalk towards Gabriel. “You never gave me an assignment, commander Vladimirov.”

Gabriel sighs. “Well, that’s for a reason, Obsidian.”

I cock my head to the side, confused. “And what reason could that be?”

Gabriel looks down the hall and back toward me. “Follow me to my room.” He heads down the hallway into his room and I follow.

He closes the door behind us once we’re both inside the room.

Gabriel turns to me. “You know this will be dangerous, right Obsidian?”

I nod. “Of course. That’s why I want to help. I want to fight for all that’s good of Daskanalasć. I want to help induce change. I don’t care if this kills me.”

Gabriel smiles, “Well, the same could be said for me. I don’t care if this kills me. I want justice for everyone in Daskanalasć.”

I smile too. “Well, that’s something we finally both agree on—the common good. Well, that and the fact that eyeliner looks really good on you.”

Gabe makes a face. “I never said it looks good on me.”

I eye him. “Are you sure about that?”

He nods. “Yeah. If anything, I can’t even pull it off.”

I slightly laugh. “Oh, don’t sell yourself short, Gabe.”

Gabe says all of the sudden, “Sam told me something.”

“Oh really? What did she tell you? Was it that bags under peoples’ eyes don’t look hot?” I tease.

Gabriel says, “Well that was one of the things.”

My mind says, wow, I actually got one of the things right. Then I question, “So, then what was the other thing, Gabriel?”

“Sam told me that you had a crush on me,” Gabriel tells me.

My face instantly turns red with blush. “What? She told you that? Well she’s lying. I don’t have a crush on you.”

Gabriel laughs. “You’re blushing! That means you’re lying and you do have a crush on me!”

I sigh with defeat. “Okay, so maybe I do have a crush on you. What are you going to do about it?”

Gabriel smiles. “This.” He leans in and kisses me on the lips swiftly. He quickly pulls away and stands up.

I stand up too. “Does that mean you like me back?”

Gabriel opens the bed room door and heads down the hallway. He calls back. “I’m not telling.”

I smile. That was my first kiss. My first kiss was with Gabriel Vladimirov. I then run down the hall after him.

Gabriel is standing back in the living room when I catch up with him.

I mouth, “He kissed me.”

Sam smiles and gives me the look of, ‘way to go, bro!’.

Gabriel asks Izak. “Do you guys have a plan?”

Izak nods. “We can discuss it on the way.”

“They can fight,” Ana says before Gabriel can ask.

Gabriel smirks, confidently. “Good. Then, we attack.”