Seventeen: Irina

I sit quietly as a blue haired girl flirts with me. "What did you say your name was?" I ask her.

"Ana Volkov." She grins, blush plasters her face.

"And the others?" I question.

"Oh. Yeah, right. The others." Ana pauses for a bit but continues. "There's Leo Song. Then you have Sam Yakivev, Jack von Muller, Mikah Viktorovsky, and Izak al Nimr. Off in one the bedrooms, probably hooking up, are Craig Romanov and Kyle Kozlov. And the two gloomy boys in the dim lighted room are Obsidian Yakivev and Gabriel Vladimirov."

"Vladimirov?" My green eyes dim with recognition.

"Yeah. That's what I said. Vladimirov." Ana then clicks her tongue. "Does the name mean something to you?"

I bite my tongue. "Uh...yeah. You could say that." I scratched the back of my brunette hair.

"Then what does it mean?" Ana asks me.

"My uncle, Tsar Maximoff, killed people by the names of Zarin and Milena Vladimirov," I tell Ana.

"Oh." She says.

Izak approaches me. "Irina?"

"Yeah?" I look up at him.

"I have a mission for you," Izak says.

"What kind of mission?" I raise a brunette eyebrow.

Izak informs me, "The plan is for you to sneak back in to the Tsar's office and figure out if he's planning anything."

I nod. Then I salute him. "I won't let you down."

Izak smiles. "Good."

"Can I go with you?" Ana asks.

I shake my head. "No. It's too dangerous for you."

Ana smirks. "Danger is my middle name."

"The file system says your middle name is Ilya."

Ana's face grows red. "I uh um-"

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

I leave rather quickly.

In a matter of no time, I manage to reach my uncle's office. With a deep breath, I step inside.

I am taken into an instant embrace by one of my uncle's co-workers, Hayden Vladimirov.

"Happy 17th birthday, Irina," Hayden grins. "I would have taken you to a speakeasy, but you're not turning 21."

I laugh, uneasy. "Yeah. I'm not 21 like you."

Hayden then smiles, "What are you doing here though? Isn't today your day off?"

I say, "Yeah, it is. But, I just didn't feel like relaxing."

Hayden smiles. "I know your pain. Sometimes I feel like that. You know, wished to relax but I just help but feel like I must be working."

"So, is my uncle busy?" I ask Hayden.

Hayden then tells me, "He's in a meeting right now, but we have the clearance to watch."

"Okay. Let's do that," I say.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

Hayden and I step in to watch.

Maximoff is on the phone. "Yeah. I know. But the idea is to kill off those who don't follow our ways in Daskanalasć. Then, from there, we gain control over everyone else's minds. They'll hang on my every word. We'll have them kill each other. It will be our greatest sacrifice to the lord and god."

On my face is a look of pure horror.