Thirteen: Gabriel

Still shaking, my eyelids open. Firstly, I notice that I'm no longer in the cell I was once in. Now, I'm laying on a fluffy, lush bed with rich crimson covers. I stare blankly at the ceiling. Nothing too interesting here, I think. With all of my remaining force, I turn my head to the side.

"Well hello, guyliner! You're awake!"

I sigh as I see Jack.

Jack begins to insult me. "Well guyliner, I was starting to believe that you'd never wake up!"

"Cut the crap, Jack." I growl to him.

Jack stops looking shocked that I stood up to him.

I sigh. "Can you help me sit up?"

Jack nods and stalks over. He helps me into a sitting position.

I look up at him, "So, why are you in here with me?"

Jack tells me, "Obsidian requested that he wanted me to keep an eye on you until he got back."

"Obsidian Yakivev?" I ask with a raised dark brown eyebrow.

Jack scratches the back of his blond head, "Yeah. Him."

So it's my so called 'guardian angel', I think to myself.

Jack grins as the door opens. "Just in time too." He runs out of the room.

A boy with black hair and golden eyes walks in. "How are you, Gabe?"

I'm slightly shocked. "You know who I am?"

He nods. "You're Gabriel Vladimirov."

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Obsidian Yakivev," he says.

"We're obviously not in the prison anymore, so where are we?" I ask Obsidian.

Obsidian begins to pace slowly. "A friend of mine, Ana Volkov, has found a place in sector seven of Daskanalasć that is safe for us." He then says, "A Satanist household."

"Oh," I begin. I sigh. "Obsidian, I heard about what you did."

He raises a raven colored eyebrow. "Are you talking about me patching up your wounds?"

I nod. "Yeah that."

Obsidian beckons me to carry on. "Continue."

I huff. "I appreciate that you did that but I didn't need it."

Obsidian slightly flinches. "What?"

"I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help." I begin to stand up. I head toward the door.

Obsidian doesn't try to stop me; he just steps out of the way.

I'm really close to the door now. Then that's when the pain kicks in. The pain from the wound begins to radiate all over my abdomen. I wince and grunt as I continue forward. I'm feeling sick and light headed. Continue on Gabe, my mind tells me, but I fail. The world fades to black.