Sixteen: Gabriel

Obsidian immediately stands up. He looks tense. He whispers, "Stay here, Gabe." He stalks to the door. And then Obsidian steps out.

I roll my purple eyes. I then push my dark brown hair out of my eyes, but it falls down again. "You really think I'm going to stay put?" I ask myself. Of course there is no answer.

I sigh and sit up. And slowly, step by step, I get up from the bed.

I look at myself. I'm still in my dark gray hoodie, black jeans, and white woolen socks. So they redressed me, I think to myself. I grab my red converse that are right by the bed. I slip them on.

I walk rather slowly and slyly to the door. I peak out.

Ana notices. "If you want to hear this information, you should just step out here, Gabe."

I step out into the common room. As I do, my hand accidentally touches Obsidian's.

We both exchange glances. Our faces both begin to turn a pale pink. We look away from each other, awkwardly.

Jack gazes at us with a slight grin on his face. Then he makes some sort of gesture with his hands. He points at me. Then Jack runs his finger over his throat. He mouths, 'you touch Oby, you're dead'.

I flinch. So, he wants to kill me, I think to myself. Then, I shudder.

Kyle looks at me, slightly concerned. He whispers, "Gabriel, are you okay?"

I nod and whisper back to him, "Yeah. I am." Out of the corner of my eye, I see Obsidian.

Obsidian notices of course. He raises his hand slightly, and waves. There's a smile upon his face.

My heart flutters and skips a beat. I can feel my face growing rather red again. Do I seriously like Obsidian out of all people?, I ask myself.

Ana looks like she's growing rather impatient. She taps her foot briskly.

I say, "Go on. Speak. We're all listening."

She smiles and says sarcastically, "Thank you, Gabe. I totally needed your approval to speak. Thank you so very much!" Ana then addresses all of us. "They've found us."

"How?" Craig asks, with a raised eyebrow.

Ana says, "Well, we caught Tsar Maximoff's niece, Irina, outside."

Izak commands us, "Bring her inside."

Ana nods in compliance. In only a matter of moments, she brings in Irina Maximoff.

Irina says, "I'm sorry! I don't mean to intrude! I'm so sorry."

Izak, Craig, Leo, and Obsidian exchange glances.

Izak commands Irina, "Now speak. Why are you here?"

Irina blurts out, "I don't believe in my uncle's ways."

Craig narrows his eyes and questions, "And why is that?"

Irina then tells us, "Because it's wrong!"

Ana eyes her. "Is there any other reason?"

Irina sighs and looks around the room for a small bit. Finally she says, "I'm bisexual." Irina pauses for a bit, then she continues. "I was wondering if I could stay with you."

Craig asks, "Do you swear on your own life you're not a spy?"

Irina nods. "I swear on my own life I'm not a spy."

Craig smiles. "Good."

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

It's only been a few hours since Irina 'moved in', and Ana is already making a move.

Right now, Leo is reading a book. Sam is talking with Izak, Jack, and Mikah. Ana is flirting with Irina. Craig and Kyle are probably off making out.

Obsidian walks back into the room. "How are you?" The raven haired boy asks me.

I'm about to answer with 'I'm fine' but Obsidian doesn't allow me.

"I know. I'm sorry. I know that you don't want anything to do with me. I know you didn't want me to make sure you were okay. I know you didn't want me to-"

I sit up and silence him with a kiss on the cheek. I pull back.

Obsidian is blushes wildly. His whole face is red.

I say, "That means I need you to shut up. Got it?"

Obsidian nods. He grins. Then he asks, "Can you do that again?"

I shake my head. Then I smirk. "No. I don't think you've earned it."

"Damn it," Obsidian grumbles.

"Do svidaniya," I say to him.

Obsidian doesn't budge.

"Now, can you leave me be? I want to dream about wearing eyeliner," I tell him.

Obsidian grins wildly.

"What? Are you planning to kill someone?" I ask this concerned. I'm pretty sure people can't smile that big.

Obsidian shakes his head. "No. I'm not planning to kill anyone. I know that my sister always keeps make-up with her at all time."

I raise a dark brown eyebrow. "Where are you going with this?"

Obsidian grins. "My sister is going to do your make-up."