The King's Law

ONESHOT | 2

ONESHOT | 2

"Wah! How can I not know about life beyond this?" you, who at the age of ten said with your jaw dropped. You saw the reflection of yourself in the clear water and smile. "They're lying to me. There's nothing to scared of." you pouted. Today is your first time, you come out of your house. You sneak out of the house when your parents are busy cooking in the kitchen. You were so happy when you managed to escape into the woods. It's very difficult for you to get out of the house because the government law is so cruel. Whoever gives birth to a child, they will take their name and date of birth. Exactly at the age of 17, they will be brought along by the palace guards and trained the girls to be prostitutes while the boys would be guards or soldiers. "I hope they are not mad at me." you smiled to the water and enjoy the beauty of the river as well as your soothing surroundings. "What are you doing here?" A boy's voice is heard from behind you, making your breath hitch.

You turned your head towards him and gasped. "W-who are you?" you ask while covering your face with a handkerchief because your mother tells you not to show your face to others. "Me? I'm Jungkook. Why are you closing your face?" he tilted his head. "I-I need to go now." you're about to walk away but you saw his hand has a blood. "Eok, your hand is bleeding!" you grabbed his arm with a loud gasp. "Yaa, what are you doing?" Jungkook said, completely shock by your sudden touch. "Let me treat you. Sit down." you ordered him. You pushed him to a large rock for him to sit on and then walked to the river to wet your handkerchief.

"Gosh, where did you get this wound?" you look at his eyes. You don't realise that you have shown your face to him and made him fascinated by your beauty. "You're so beautiful." he smile cheekily, staring into your eyes. "W-what?! Ah, I forgot!" you closed your face with your hand. "Yaa, don't cover your face. I've seen it." he slaps your hands and continues to stare at your face, admiring every inch of your face. "P-please don't tell other people or my mom will be so angry." you looked down. "Hm, in one condition." you notice that he was blushing. "Why are you blushing?" you asked while treating his wound. Jungkook's eyes widened and he cleared his throat in embarrassed.

"W-what? I'm not blushing." he looked around to hide his pinkish cheek. You then look at him and laugh. "You're so cute. Tell me, what's the condition?" you said bluntly, making him even more flushed. "Firstly, tell me your name!" he stuttered, still avoiding your eyes. "No need to know. Look, it's done. Please hurry and tell me what's the condition so you didn't tell anyone about me." you urge him because you don't want to be there any longer or your parents will realise that you have disappeared from your home.

"Wah, I didn't feel any pain when you took care of it." he look at his wound with his jaw dropping. "It's because you're too focused on looking at my face." you teased him. "Did I? It's because you caught my attention too much." he rubbed his neck, embarrassed. "EOK! I have to go now." you were about to walk away but he grabs your wrist. "Hey, you still don't know about the conditions." he look at you. "Hurry up. My mom will be so mad!" you turned around to face him. Suddenly, he leans closer and pecked your cheek. Your eyes are wide open and frozen at your place. "I will marry you when we're adult and the kiss is a sign that we have promised." he smiled, staring into your beautiful eyes. "Y-Yaa, are you crazy?! Why would I marry you?!" you stuttered, blushing.