The Beast I Tamed

ONESHOT | 11

ONESHOT | 11

Cries were heard within an experiment room. They begged for help, but the mad scientist only stared at them, writing notes in his journal. "Please stop!!" one of the teens yelled as he was abused. "P-Please stop. It hurts," he wailed, begging for mercy. The other boys only look at him with pity. Nobody will help you once you are sold to that mad scientist. Soon, the crying sound faded as the boy let out his last breath. "Aish, another weak one!" the mad scientist exclaimed as he closed his journal and entered the tortured room. "Why are you doing this to us?" one of the victims asked, glaring at the scientist with hatred. "You know why I'm doing this, kid," he smirked as he signalled his men to remove the lifeless body from the room. "You're crazy!! Don't you have your own kids?! Have some mercy!" he exclaimed as he struggled to break free from the chain.

"You are talking too much, kid. Of course, after I finish my research on the human end, I will release you free, but for now, all you have to do is survive." The scientist gazed at him, and the boy spat on his face. "You ungrateful kid!!" The scientist was about to slap him, but he stopped in the middle and groaned. "Why? Why stop no—" A slap landed on his cheek, causing him to chuckle and irritate the scientist even more. "You are getting on my nerves now, kid! You better shut that dirty mouth of yours, or you'll end up like the other weak one!!" he said, but before he walked out of the room, he caught one boy in a special glass room who was glaring at him in rage. The scientist couldn't help but feel a shiver down his spine at the glare given by the boy. He decided to ignore him and walked out of the room, leaving the teens in despair.

"Mama? Why can't I leave the house without these things?" a seven-year-old girl wondered aloud, her gaze drawn to her mother, who was busy covering her face with a mask and sunglasses. "No way, princess. This is for your protection, and I don't want you to ever open it." She persisted, causing her baby to pout. After she said that, her mother realised she had become silent and sad. She then sighed and smiled as she cupped her daughter's face. "The world is so cruel out there, princess. I don't want them to see you and then hurt you. You should not be in pain, so please listen to mama and stop being sad. That makes me sad as well." she said softly, caressing her cheek with her thumb. The little girl then giggled as she hugged her mother. "Okay. If that's what Mama wants, I won't be sad any longer." She exclaimed, unaware of the true reason her mother was hiding her face.

Her husband is a mafia boss with a slew of enemies out to get him. Many things have happened to them, such as being threatened with death, having her husband's barns burned, and so on, but no one has been able to make him fall into poverty or concede defeat in order to become the Mafia King's successor. As a result, they had to keep their daughter hidden from the outside world for fear that their enemies would use her as a hostage to beat him. Even if she has been hidden, that does not mean she will remain imprisoned in their mansion. If they had free time, they would take their daughter out to show her the beauty of nature. They sometimes feel guilty for their daughter for not being able to play with the other children, but she is their only daughter and everything to them, so they must suppress their feelings in order to keep their daughter safe.