Shattered Vows

ONESHOT | 14

ONESHOT | 14

"Yes, mom. I understand, but I'm not ready to bring him to your house just yet." You said while gazing at the moon. "Your age is suitable for you to get married Y/n, so what are you waiting for?" said your mother, and suddenly you felt a pair of arms wrapped around your waist, and you knew who it was. You simply let out a sigh. "Please give me some time to consider it. Don't worry, you'll see him soon." You reassured your mother, and she just hummed before saying goodbye and hanging up. "Did your mother say anything?" your boyfriend said, resting his head on your shoulder.

"She really wanted to meet you, and you know, I'm still not ready for it," you grumbled. "Why aren't you ready? Do you not want to marry me?" He pouted. "That's not the case, Jungkook. I want to marry you, but as you can see, I've been preoccupied with my new project. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle everything at once." you said, turning your body to meet his eyes. Jungkook just sighs as he looks at you. "Do you actually love me, baby? As much as I genuinely love you." he asked, looking at you with full of love.

"Of course, I love you. Are you doubting my love for you?" you frowned. "I don't doubt your love, but your way too much makes me think that I'm just your plaything." he looked down as he can't look at you in the eyes anymore. "Please don't say that, Jungkook. You know how much I love you so stop saying that you're my plaything. Okay, I promise you that once this project is completed, we will begin talking about marriage. Can you wait until that time?" You cupped his cheek and began caressing it. Jungkook sighed and pressed his forehead against yours.

"Fine, I'll wait for that time, but only under one condition. You need to spend more time with me." he giggled. "Yes, yes! You're so clingy, Jungkook." you said, smiling. "Just for my baby," he said as he pecked your lips. You simply smile and enjoy your time with Jungkook. It's been two years since you and Jungkook began dating, and you're overjoyed to have found him. Jungkook never fails to impress you, and everything he does is so romantic and flawless. In a nutshell, he is the perfect boyfriend for you. You really hope that your relationship will last until you both grow old.

You were on your way to your office when you overheard a conversation between two employees. Normally, you would ignore it, but this time the topic has piqued your interest. "I'm terrified. Men can no longer be trusted. How can he have a wife and still have a girlfriend?" a coworker asked, looking at her friend. They all nodded in agreement and began talking about it. "Yes! They're so greedy, how could the mistress not care about his wife? They are also women, and I'm sure they know what it feels like to be betrayed," another coworker stated. "But what if the mistress is unaware that he has a wife? We can't just blame the girl because she, too, is a victim, right?" You abruptly interrupted, drawing everyone's attention to yourself. "Sorry, Miss Y/n. I had the same thought. But, in my opinion, why didn't the girls do some research before dating their boyfriends?"