JUNGKOOK CHAPTER 1

"He is not sick."
The words repeat in my head. I look across the room to where my brother is lying, his skin is more pale than normal, and Deep bags line his tired eyes. Jealousy squeezes my lungs, and for just a second, I wish I could trade places with someone else in the room, anyone else, If it meant I could pretend he was still okay.

Everyone thinks his okay, but I see it in the way his hand shakes as he takes the glass of water and most of all I see it in the way he pushes me away, locking himself in his room for hours.
That's what cancer does, it eats you from the inside without caring about who you are.

I turn my attention away from my brother and focus on the twinkling night sky that appears next to our big family portrait, the moon is bright and it creates a soft glow in the room.

Someone in the room giggles drawing my attention from the pleasing view to where one of the women is gawking at the man that is seated next to her.
Kim Taehyung .
His dark eyes, as black as a devil's soul, are already on mine, piercing through my layers of masks.

I remember when I first laid my eyes on him, hired as my brother's right-hand man at the age of eighteen. He was the youngest trainer. I was thirteen and naive, I developed a crush on him, I used to worship him and was sucked in his commanding nature.
But it only took one time overhearing him tell my brother to send me away that my heart stopped fluttering for him.
"It's bad for him to be around you. What will people say when they find out his dating a boy"

That tiny crush became a full time of hatred.
Not really a loss, because by then I set my sight on someone else.
My gaze narrows on Taehyung, irritation starting to fight it's way through. He smirks, brushing his hand through his perfectly styled hair as he tilts his head in a taunting manner. I set down my glass of water and push my trembling hands in the pockets of my hoodie as I tear my gaze from his mocking one. My phone vibrates and I bend my head down to see a notification from the boy who now holds my heart.

Mingyu: I have something for you, Meet me at the garden house at eight tonight.

My stomach flutters with excitement and I have to force myself to not let it show.

"Jungkook." My brother's rough voice snaps me out of my little fantasy and I shift my gaze to the fifteen people whose eyes are on me.
I force a smile as my grip tightens around my phone.
"I'm sorry, I must have not heard you."

"This gentleman here has asked what you think about your brother's latest product." Taehyung's voice cuts through like crashing waves, smooth and deep as tingles skirt down my spine.
Honestly, it's unfair to have a face and voice like that when his soul is so corrupted.

He looks over to the gentleman whose name I think is Kim Bo-gum and snickers.
"Jungkook has no clue about the ins and outs of our business. He's been busy with what was it called... Modeling?
He looks at me mockingly. I chew the inside of my cheek trying hard to contain myself from talking back, God I could stab him in his cold dead heart.

Despite what he thinks he knows about me, I do know what goes on in the business. I mean having a mafia brother who tries to shield me from everything doesn't keep people quiet.
Everyone knows thee August D.

"if you're asking about my opinion on my brother's business product then I would say that you need to find a better product to sell as it might cause conflict in trading areas and if this business has to mix with the hotel business it can cause a big problem." I say honestly.

Someone scoffs and my attention draws back to Taehyung. His eyes are darkened, irritation clearly visible on his face. His jaw flexes hard enough that a vein pops on the side of his forehead.
Now it's my turn to smirk, and I do. I stare him down satisfaction coursing through my body.

Bo-gum chuckles breaking the tension that seemed to build.
"Pretty boys like you, should just stick to what they do best." The blonde hair says, smirking like a creep.
Heat sears my cheeks and embarrassment fills my chest.
My brother glances at me his eyes softening.
"You will learn how we operate both businesses as time goes by, Sundoong-ie." He says it softly.

My brother is as happy as a baby that I'm finally done studying. Now he just wants me to stay at home with him. I have told him before that I love modeling and would like to pursue it as a job but he thought that I was still young and said that its just a hobby not a real dream. He also said that I don't need to find a job, when he has all the money for anything I want.

Even though my brother is apart of the Mafia, he has done a lot for me and I love him despite his conventional way of thinking. The rest of them continue to talk resting their egos as if nothing happened. My phone vibrates again.

Mingyu: I can't wait to see you.

Heat bubbles my insides as I think of tonight. I would have left this boring dining room if the rules allowed me, but it is taught that you cannot leave until everyone has left. It's only after the men make their way out and everyone bids goodbye that I finally take my leave. As I excuse myself, I scan the room to double-check if Mingyu is here, he isn't. As I walk around the corner I type him a message informing him that I'm on my way.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Have a good night/day my beautiful sinners. 😚 Please vote for me I would really appreciate it.