JUNGKOOK CHAPTER 16

Taehyung and I walk through the front entrance of my old home. I'm still angry at him for yesterday, that's why I hardly spoke to him because if I do, I feel like I would strangle him for making me so confused.

As we walk inside Taehyung pulls me by my arm, my back coming in contact with his hard chest.
"Stop frowning so much princess, you don't want your brother thinking you're unhappy now, do you?" He retorts.
"I know what I have to act Taehyung, I'm not stupid." I bite back.
"Clearly." He says sarcastically.

I turn to face him making my smile as big as possible.
"Better?" I say bitterly.
He nods his head and we continue walking like nothing happened. We reach the door and I inhale deeply, closing my eyes as I try to remain calm. I knock on the door and I hear a small
"Whose there?"
"It's me, old man." I say.
Taehyung nudges me-"
"And Taehyung."
I hear a faint
"Come in."

My hands slightly tremble as I turn the handle. I haven't seen my brother for over a week now and when I phoned the last time to check on how him they said his condition is not the best and is worsening every second.

When I enter the room, my brother's face lights up and I try to swallow the guilt of not coming to see him down.
"Sundoong-ie." He says gently yet so much excitement fills the edges of his tone.
I force a bright smile on my face. Half of it is real and the other is so fake I think I could puke.

"How have you been feeling Yoongi, haven't heard of you at all?" Taehyung says while he leads me to one of the chairs that lies across the room. The room  smells like medicine and it makes my stomach feel sick. I feel a hand on my waist and I look up to see Taehyung rubbing  soothing circles on the side. It takes me by surprise but I manage to cover it up nicely.

This is what always confuses me. How he can be so close then so distant?
"I've just been feeling under the weather lately and I assumed you had everything under control," Yoongi says.
Taehyung takes the seat next to me, crossing his leg over the other.
"I always have everything under control but I would like to discuss a few things with you." He says.

"Of course. I asume this is a business matter so Jungkook please give us a moment." Yoongi says.
Whenever hyung talks about business he always uses my name. In a way it's to warn me if I say no.

I'm just about to get up but taehyung grabs my wrist pulling me back down.
"No, he will not go anywhere. He is my husband now so he will hear everything I have to say." Taehyung says tone serious.
I look at Yoongi, the edges of his face are hardened and a little anger seems to stir across his creased brows.

"Yes, his your husband not your business partner," Yoongi says slightly angered.
I don't know why I'm surprised by the hurt that courses through my body when he has always thought of me unworthy of the business. That's the whole point of getting me married because I'm not capable enough.

"I know you must be upset Yoongi but just as much as his my husband it makes him my partner too." Taehyung fights back.
Taehyung is a fucking great actor. How can he look so in love with me and pretend to care so much, I know it's stupid and fake but it makes my heart flutter non the less.

"Jungkook aren't you-"
Taehyung cuts in
"No, don't guilt trip him. I'm the one who wants him here because I love him and I need him to know everything that goes on from now." Taehyung says.
My heart does it again. The small flutters but now it fills with a certain amount of warmth because no one has ever stood up for me before, especially toward my brother.
Annoying bastard.

Taehyung looks at me, his eyes showing softness and love that's not even real that I'm almost believing it myself. We both snap out of our daze when we hear a raging cough. I turn so fast that my neck almost sprains from the action. Yoongi is coughing hysterically and when I try to reach him and help he stops me with his hand. I feel the sting of hurt but my panic overrides it and my throat hurts from the pain that my voice comes out hoarse.

"Hyung pl-please let me help you," I say almost breathless.
The cough becomes harsh and I close my eyes cause knowing I can't disrespect his order. The coughing stops and he wipes his mouth with a handkerchief.
"I said I'm fine." His voice is sharp.
He only speaks to me in that tone when his upset. I sigh but sit back down. Taehyung puts his hand on my leg in a comforting manner. I look towards yoongi, his state is perished making him look so pale and skinny.

My hand wraps around Taehyung so tightly I feel my nails slightly dig into his skin but he continues to rub his thumb on my hand in a soothing motion. Even though it's a sick feeling I can't help but fall into the comfort his providing me.

Yoongi rests his head against the pillow and I try to recover from both the pain and shock that I just experienced.
Taehyung leans over and places a kiss on the side of my forehead.
"I won't be long, wait outside so you can say goodbye when I'm done." He whispers in my ears, his deep voice soothes the burning feeling in my heart.
I nod my head and glance at my brother, he doesn't look at me and my heart aches more at his disregard but I make my way out silently.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
I wonder what's on Taehyung's mind 🤔. My little jungkookie. He doesn't deserve that. Be safe and enjoy the rest of ur day/night. Don't forget to vote. 😉