Chapter 2: The day we met

There were only 4 days left before the first day of school. Raven was 5 years old and entering kindergarten. She was anxious about the new people but her mom kept encouraging that she'll meet new people since she didn't have friends due to her staying home most of the time.

There was a time when her mom was this nice since her father was barely home but as time passed by and she got older that's when they started more which didn't really help with the usual teenage problems.

That day started like any other day but the afternoon was what brought the most important person in her life without her knowing, or perhaps a moving truck. She was upstairs in her room when she heard a lot of noise outside her window which was in front of another house on the block behind them. She heard people talking and a vehicle and other noises and figured that people were probably moving in. She returned to drawing whatever came into her imagination.

It was time for kindergarten and her mom drove her there, the whole car ride there she was anxious. When they eventually arrived she held her mom's hand as they walked in. She was led to her seat and her mom left which made her even more scared, not a single familiar face, not even a neighbor she might know since she doesn't know any of her neighbors.

The day passed by and they learned but mostly played as she tried to fit in and eventually made some friends.

But recess came and they were in the kindergarten playground. She was eating her lunch with one of her new friends that also didn't like playing as the others did. They both talked about meaningless things like toys or their parents or what games they liked playing and drawings they did.

Soon a boy came into her view as he was sitting on the ground as he was holding his scraped knee and something unusual happened. He didn't weep or cry loudly, he was just looking at it and tears silently fell on his face. Raven looked around to see if anyone was going to help. But no kid noticed and no adult was paying attention to the kids but only chatting with other teachers.

She got up which made her friends stop talking. She walked over to the boy "Hello," she said smiling at him which made him look up at her " What's your name?" She asked politely.

He was confused at the sudden interaction but answered anyway " R- Ranboo." he said as he wiped away his tears.

"Nice to meet you, Ranboo." She said "I'm Raven." She said as she held her hand out to what Ranboo was for him to shake but as he held it Raven pulled him up which surprised him.

"Now, let's get help." She said as she helped him walk to the direction of the nearest teacher. "Teacher! Teacher! He hurt his knee!"

"Oh no!" The teacher said with exaggerated concern "Let's get you healed up." She said she helped his hand "Thank you, dear." She said to Raven as they walked away.

The day ended and she saw him again as she was going out of the school gates to wait for her mom. "Ranboo!" She called for him and he quickly found her. He smiled at her and walked up to her.

"Hey" He said happily, maybe there was a hope to find a friend here, was his only thought. Seeing as she still talked to him after recess.

"How is your knee?" She asked as she looked at the bandage on his once previously scraped knee.

He forgot all about it which surprised him that she brought it up, "Oh, it's okay." He said as he looked down to look at it.

"Where are you going now?" She asked, in hopes that they could talk more. She really didn't know why she was trying so hard to talk to him even longer or why she wanted to befriend him, he was just a boy she helped.

"I'm going out to wait for my mom." He answered.

"So will I!" She said happily, " Do you want to sit with me?"

"Yes!" He answered, he matched her excited tone.

They both left the gates but their moms were already there, which made them sad that they couldn't talk longer.

"Oh, you know the new neighbors kid?" Raven's mom said to her. Raven gave her a confused look.

Ranboo's mom soon explained " We just moved in the house behind you."

Which made Ranboo and Raven excited to know that they could see each other more after school. "Mom, can I please go with them?" Ranboo asked his mom.

"Only if that's okay with them, sweetie." His mom answered.

Raven quickly looked up at her mom and asked " Can he? Can he? Pleasee" She asked giddily.

"Ofcourse, darling." She answered, the two cheered and ran to the backseats of Raven's car. As they were cheering in the car the two moms chatted more as Ranboo's mom got in her car and they both drove off.

A/n: I've editing and adding stuff on this book so this basically 2nd draft. I'll be changing the one in ao3 too. 

This entire chapter is new.