Chapter 5: Are we one of them?

TW: Description of knife injuries (Slashes and stabs etc.) and swearing

It only took a few moments of walking fast and looking around for everything to happen. A couple of steps and a head full of thoughts on what exactly there is to find and many more before disaster came running in.

Raven had left only a minute and she heard footsteps and running heading closer. She pulled out her knife and slashed the throat of an employee that was running to her from behind in under a second and it all went black.

A sharp tingling feeling on her ankle. She didn't know how much time had passed. She could feel exhaustion all over her body, pain in the leg,and cold, hard floor hurting the back of her head as she lay on it.

She opened her eyes and slowly sat up but every move of her leg hurt. She looked at her leg and a big bleeding slash mark covered her ankle not far from her foot. She looked around and there were employees injured and on the floor unconscious, or dead. All hurt badly, laying on their own pools of blood, and others even had their masks beside them with most were completely broken.

What the hell happened?

She looked behind her and saw Charlie not far from her, he was leaning on a wall, eyes closed but awake. He was holding his stomach in pain, the same hand was completely covered in blood, only a small pool of blood had formed underneath him but it was a terror seeing him like that. Charlie had his brows curled; she could only imagine the pain he's in. Why can't she manage to protect a single person? She went out here so he wouldn't get hurt or injured.

"Charlie.."

Raven tried going over to him but her leg hurts and couldn't move. She moved herself by crawling with her arms.

"Oh, shit." She saw the big mark and tried putting pressure on it to stop the bleeding.

"I'm fine." Charlie said, still with eyes closed and brows curled in pain, Clearly not.

"What the fuck happened?"

She asked as she took off her jacket and wrapped it around the wound.

"You don't remember?" Charlie didn't know how she could possibly forget. Or what even happened that made her that rogue.

"Well that's been an issue lately." She was still trying to heal the wound, and not looking at him.

"You- You killed all of them." It didn't feel right to Charlie to say that. Because it really didn't feel like it was her, it felt like a different person.

That sentence made her heart skip a beat and her mind a blur. She stopped for a moment and looked up at him "What?" She was doing this? All those bodies she's walked passed on before, that couldn't have been her doing. She would remember if she did this, but she couldn't even recall.

"You killed all of these people," It will never sound right for Charlie to say. It didn't feel like he was saying it as a recap but as an accusation. "They were going to ambush you or something, I'm not sure, I wasn't here until I heard you scream." He recalled the scream and had the realization that it sounded more like a grunt, and the sound of a knife slashing against something, "You were just killing them with this- this look in your eyes, I can't describe it. I came in to help but then you slashed me with a knife without even looking."

"How- How did I do that? I don't even know how to do that?" She couldn't even hurt a dog, let alone kill a room full of employees without thought or mercy, and the fact that this was her reaction to Charlie getting hurt, this wasn't her. This couldn't have.

She had a memory about being full of wires now and she had a thought, an awful thought. She looked at her wound and saw a peek of blue covered in her blood inside the wound. Even with the pain she still tried to pull it up and pulled out a fracture of it and realized it was a wire.

Charlie saw the same thing she did. "Fuck." was all they could really say in their head. Charlie had a thought as well and untangled Raven's jacket off his wound and dug in just a bit and pulled out a small wire. Fuck.

"Oh, fuck..Charlie" She said after she let out a small gasp and cover her mouth.

"So were-"

"Yeah." Raven cut her off, neither of them wanted to say it, neither of them wanted this truth.

Raven let out a muffled sigh followed with a defeated groan as she covered her face. "There's no way out then."

"What, don't say that." Charlie reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Raven quickly shrugged it off and moved her hand out of her face and faced him. "No, that's the thing, Charlie. There's no point being optimistic at this point. We're a part of this. For all we know the moment we step out one of these doors, they shut us down like robots and die. Or we get captured back in if we get as far as get to the nearest Walmart or something."

"I mean, fuck, look at me, Charlie. I thought I was free for a year,but I'm here right now. To be fucking honest, i'm starting to question if I was ever free in the first place."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm doubting it. I can't shake off the thought that they just inserted fake memories to make me think I was free, you know, maybe I was actually here the entire time." Raven had hit a breaking point multiple times but maybe this was the real one. This might've fully broken her.

They were left silent as they both questioned everything. Raven didn't think a person could play this many mind games and fully confuse them about every aspect of their own life.

They were cut off by a call in the distance. "Charlie?" Ranboo?