Chapter 8: Take on me

Favorite song in my favorite chapter:)

"Fuck sake." Raven said as she casually walked in Ranboo's room at 2 am

"Um, hello?" Ranboo said as Raven didn't acknowledge him while going to sit on his bed.

Ranboo's house was always open for Raven so this wasn't unusual for her to barge in his room in the middle of the night.

"They're fucking fighting again." She said annoyed. 

When her dad developed a stay-at-home job he barely left the house which made him and her mom fight almost every day. She would always go to Ranboo's house when they did and Ranboo's mom knew about her situation and told her that she was always welcome there. It took Raven a while to get used to it and trust that neither of them were annoyed by her doing this. The first couple of times Ranboo had to persuade her and even drag her out of  her house to stop her from stressing out from all the yelling.

"At 2am? Seriously?" Ranboo asked.

"Nah, I just couldn't sleep tonight." She smiled. Well, there are some times that she comes to his house just to hang out or to fall asleep. For some reason his room helped with her insomnia.

"Dude." He looked like he was done with her but the truth is, he doesn't mind at all. In fact, it feels lonely when she's not here. She's been like a sister to him. It feels empty when she's not around given the fact that she's usually here.

"What have you been doing? Why aren't you asleep?" She asked. She was already eyeing his acoustic guitar from across the room. It was a guitar his mom got him when he turned 14 but he wasn't interested in playing instruments, but she was. He let her learn guitar with his, he even offered that she own it but she wouldn't accept it but she was always welcome to use it.

"School exhausted me today so i fell asleep til 5pm so i can't sleep now." He was ranting a little bit until he saw Raven's eyes focused on the guitar. "You can play. Don't even ask for permission, go." He assured .

"Yeah, but i'll feel badd." She whined.

"Just gooo" He said as he pushed her off the bed. She got up and grabbed the guitar, and sat back on his bed. "What should I play?" She asked.

"'Take on me' , For sure." He answered without hesitation.

"You love that song too much." She said, She has been learning to play it and although it wasn't perfected yet, Ranboo always asks her to play it.

"It's a good song!" He said in defense.

She scoffed as she started to strum and pluck the string; even though she would hit the wrong strings or mix up the chords it still sounded good.

"We're talking away"  She  chuckled at  his defense and  started singing, "I don't know what I'm to say

I'll say it anyway" For the two it always seems to bring them comfort. For ranboo, it was her peaceful singing but Raven, it was the strumming.

"Today is another day to find you

Shyin' away

Oh, I'll be comin' for your love, okay

Take on me

Take me on

I'll be gone

In a day or two..."

Also i'm working on my Face claims and stuff for the story rn :)) 

God, i really love working on this book.