Symbols and other stuff

Dahlia: It's a symbolism for Raven's perspective. The first time it appeared (Chapter 11) it was when Raven was contemplating and angry at the world and her hesitation to give it to Niki was how she hesitates to love her due to thinking her feelings were faked (Like the plastic dahlia). She saw the fake dahlia as showfall, Faking her life and even changing it from what she once knew.

In the epilogue where they live with a normal world, it was easy for Raven to give the REAL dahlia's to Niki, since she was happy with her, she was free. She saw the real Dahlia as Niki, changing her life.

Charlie: His backstory connects to a lot of stuff in the cabin. The desks in the attic and his room connects to him writing stories and wanting to become an author. The painting, of course, need I say more? Cooking, Charlie made Ranboo cook in the first episode connected to his interest and skill in cooking.

A small parallel: Ranboo and Raven's reaction to seeing the giant Showfall banner on the main balcony of the mall, they both say "What the fuck?" the same way

Foreshadowing: Raven's song "Take on me" And her seeing it and the line "I'll be gone, in a day or two" Foreshadows how this was her last day of being alive before her "Contract" (as i like to call it) Ends.

Precious memory: I'd like to think that memory was still somewhere at the back of her head, because one out of a small number of things that wasn't fake was her sexuality, her love and compassion for people. So that moment she starts to see that side of her is an important side of herself, that couldn't be erased.

I can only wish: Niki was about to say yes. She was scared to say it but her mind instantly answered yes.

Nikki regretted that she didn't take the risk while she had the time. She was changed. And now, she was going to be left longing for that again. She didn't have to wish, now she could only wish she could have it back. (Chapter 15): If you can't remember, Niki described how she sees love and every word of this is a call back in every way she described it. She didn't take the risk; "It's risky", She was changed; "It can change you in a good or bad way," , She was going to left longing for that again; "and can eventually leave you longing for it more than before when it's gone." . And of course, She didn't have to wish, "I can only wish"

She reached for her knife and she threw it on the ground far away from her: I didn't realize this until afterward that Raven couldn't get rid of the knife, the idea wouldn't be inserted in her mind, since she was still controlled. But after a big emotion and even fully knowing the truth, that caused the control of the knife on her to get faulty which caused her to finally be able to think of actually getting rid of it.

She picked up the knife and shoved it in the pocket behind her: With that said, this was her being mind controlled. That's why she was confused and didn't even remember picking up the knife. She was controlled to pick it up, to not get rid of it. I mean, if you knew you can uncontrollably kill people without you knowing you'd think to get rid of anything that can be a weapon, right? But, they programmed her to keep the knife close to her, if it was away from her their control would stop working.

And like Ranboo; I'd like to thank my best friend for listening to my rants and ideas about this book:))

Rangoon signing off "Show ressurection" buh-bye!