Chapter 7: I can only wish

A/n: Longer chapter woo! And Nikki x oc wholesome chapter<3

They continued to walk across the mall with everyone looking left to right and being aware of their surroundings.

“Hey guys,” Ethan caught everyone’s attention. “Can we take a rest for at least a bit.” He has been carrying Charlie for quite some time and, rightfully so, the man needs a break, everyone does at the moment. And so they all agreed.

“How about in that store?” Raven pointed to an empty store but she could only now see that it had chains that locked the door handles together.

They all walked over to it and saw the chains and everyone had their own feeling of disappointment they were suppressing.

After a few minutes of everyone thinking to themselves on what to do Ranboo spoke, “Wait- There was this bolt cutter in Charlie’s cabin,” Charlie and Sneeg remembered, while everyone else was confused, “Sneeg and I will get it, you all sit down for now.” Ranboo said and soon after left with Sneeg.

Nikki sat Raven down against the glass wall of the store and sat down next to her.

“Your wound really needs to be treated, you know,” Nikki said after a couple seconds of silence.

“Oh, yeah.” Her wound has been hurting but for some reason she forgot it was actually there.

“I’ll just find first aid, I saw one on our way here.” Nikki was starting to get up when Raven held her arm to stop her.

“You can’t just go alone,” She said, “ Can anyone join Nikki,please?” She asked the group who were having their own conversations.

“I can go,” Austin offered. “ Where are we going?” He asked, going over to Nikki. They started walking away and Nikki’s voice faded as she was answering Austin’s question.

Raven watched her walk away and felt love but also something weighing her down, seeing her walk away from her, it didn’t feel good, it didn’t feel as simple as just seeing her walk away. She really didn’t understand and it’s been filling her mind on why she feels this way for some reason. Nikki made her feel so happy that if she ever leaves her side she’ll find a way to destroy the world. She doesn’t even have to do anything, she just makes Raven happy. She never understood the difference between love and any other wanting feeling in the world. But now, she didn’t want Nikki, she just.. Liked her. Simple as that, but so strong.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Charlie sat down next to her. “Sorry,hi.” Charlie said as he noticed that he interrupted  Raven’s thoughts.

“It’s fine.” Raven said. She was exhausted and talking usually felt even more exhausting for her but this one was natural, no tiring filter to put on.

“What were you thinking about?” Charlie asked when he finally sat down comfortably and settled down.

“Nothing.” She answered blankly, “Hey,” She said to change the topic “What was your life like? I barely know anything about you.”

“Well, I grew up in a cabin in the woods, unless I thought I did, I don't know anymore.” He thought to himself and Raven could see doubt and worry in his eyes and curled brows.

“My dad was a lumberjack, he chops wood and sells it in the city. Pretty far away so he’s gone most of the time, I barely see him. So, I didn't really get to build a good relationship with him.”

“I’m so sorry,” Raven said, she knew exactly what it felt like to have an absent father throughout her whole life.

“It’s fine. I just used my time by learning how to paint and write stories. When I was about 15 I started a story about this like Author in the 1800’s” HE smiled, enjoying talking about his interests, like a kid. It was sad to think that he probably never got to do that before. “And I guess I saw myself in this character that when I was halfway in the story I painted him as me,Neoclassicism style. It’s hung up in my bedroom.”