Chapter 9

As I slowly awaken from my slumber, I feel the soft touch of lips on my neck. But as soon as I groan, the kisses stop and I open my eyes to see Lizzie with a cute pout on her face. "Good morning, beautiful," I rasp with a smile forming on my lips.

She sits up with a smug look on her face, her blonde hair cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall. "Good morning, stud," she grins, but I can't help but cringe at the nickname.
"Don't you ever, and I mean it, never call me that again. It's the most cringeworthy thing I've ever heard," I warn her.

Lizzie just chuckles and raises her hands in surrender. "Sorry, didn't mean to offend you," she says through her laughter. Real funny...

But despite my irritation, I can't help but smile at her contagious laughter. In this moment, she looks so carefree and happy, her emerald green eyes sparkling in the early morning light. I reach out to trace her jawline with my fingers, admiring her delicate features. "You're beautiful, you know that?" I say softly.

Her cheeks flush pink and she bites her bottom lip, a shy smile spreading across her face. "Stop it, you're making me blush," she murmurs, her voice barely above

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the room, we both knew that reality would soon come crashing back in. But for now, we held onto each other as if our lives depended on it.

As we lay there in silence, I traced lazy patterns on her back, feeling her steady breath against my chest. I wanted to remember every detail of this moment: the way her hair fell in soft waves around her face, the curve of her smile as she looked up at me, the way her eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Do you want something to eat?" I ask her, breaking the comfortable silence between us.

"I'll have whatever you're having," she replies, a contented smile on her face.

I get up from the bed and start making breakfast, enjoying the way she watches me with her eyes sparkling with amusement. As I crack the eggs into the frying pan, I feel her arms wrap around my waist from behind. Her breath tickles my neck as she leans in to kiss my shoulder.

I turn around and face her, enjoying the feel of her body pressed against mine. "I could get used to waking up like this," I say, teasing her.

She playfully rolls her eyes and gives me a gentle shove. "Stop being cheesy," she says, but there's a smile on her lips.

I chuckle and turn my attention back to the eggs, flipping them expertly. As we eat our breakfast, we chat about mundane things, work, hobbies, dreams. It's nothing special, but it feels like everything to me. 

After we finish eating, I wash the dishes while she lounges on the couch, scrolling through her phone. I can't help but steal glances at her, admiring the way her blonde hair falls around her shoulders.

"Hey, want to do something fun today?" I ask her, drying my hands on a towel. She looks up at me, intrigued. "Like what?" She questions "I don't know... maybe go for a hike? Or go to the beach?" Her eyes light up at the mention of the beach. "Yes! Let's go to the beach," she says, bouncing up from the couch. I chuckle at her eagerness. "Fine we'll go to the beach"

We gather our things and head out the door, the warm sun beaming down on us as we make our way towards the beach.

Once we arrive, I lay out our towels on the sand and we take in the breathtaking view. The ocean stretches out as far as the eye can see, the waves crashing against the shore rhythmically.

I turn to her and take in the way the sun hits her face, making her eyes sparkle. "You're so beautiful," I say, unable to contain my admiration for her any longer. She blushes and looks down, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Stop it, you defus" she laughs, playfully pushing me. "Excuse me-"