Chapter 13

Y/n's POV:

"You're such a disgrace! How can a child of mine become so useless" As the words were spoken, I could see my mother contorted face, twisted in a sneer of disgust. Her eyes burned with anger, her fists clenched tightly at their sides.

Her face contorted in anger, her lips pressed into a thin line as she glared at me with blazing eyes. Her posture was tall and rigid, as if she were looking down on me in disgust.

My mothers face contorted in anger, her eyes flashing with fury as they gazed down at the person were addressing. Her face was red and twisted with rage, her hands gripping tightly onto papers in her hand.

As the words settled in my ears, they felt like bitter, poisonous words, filled with venom and malice. The way she looked at me made me want to cry, to rid myself of their toxic presence.

The metallic taste of my own blood filled my mouth as I bit down on my lip to keep from crying out. The bitterness lingered, a reminder of the harsh words that sliced through my heart like knives.

My voice trembled as the words escaped my mouth, despite my efforts to suppress them. I gazed up at my mother, hoping to see understanding in her eyes, but instead her face contorted into a pained expression. "Do you even love me?" The question hung in the air, heavy with emotion. "Of course I do," she replied with a sigh, "but you make it difficult for me. I never wanted to hurt you, but you keep putting pressure on me." Her words were laced with sadness and regret, and I could feel my own heart sinking in response. The tension between us was palpable, like an invisible force pulling us apart.

"Mom, what did I do? What did I do to pressure you to be so mean to me?" The words hung between us, heavy with accusations and pain. My mother's expression softened slightly at my question, a flicker of regret passing through her eyes. "You're always so needy, always wanting more," she replied, her voice tinged with frustration. "I do my best to provide for you, but it's never enough. I feel like I'm constantly failing you." Her words cut through me like a knife, the raw honesty behind them piercing deep into my wounded heart. I struggled to make sense of her perspective, to understand the rift that seemed to grow wider with each passing day. "I never meant to be a burden," I whispered, my voice barely above a breath. "I just wanted you to be proud of me." The vulnerability in my confession hung in the air, waiting for a response that could bridge the gap between us.

"I know I haven't always shown it in the best way... but please know that everything I do comes from a place of love, even if it doesn't always seem that way." The weight of her words hung heavily in the air, wrapping around us like a shroud of uncertainty. "I'm sorry mom, please I promise I won't disappoint you anymore" my voice cracks due to the fact that I'm crying.

"That promise is completely useless" Her harsh tone, a painful reminder of the distance that had grown between us over the years. Tears welled up in my eyes, blurring my vision as I struggled to make sense of her words. "I'm trying, Mom," I whispered, my voice cracking with emotion. "I'm trying so hard to be everything you want me to be-" "Shut up! Just shut the fuck up! All you do whine over and over, what more do you want from me? I put a roof over your head, you ungrateful brat. You are nothing, do you hear me? You are absolutely nothing. I have the right to be fucking angry after you ruined my whole fucking life. It's your fault. You made me do this, you did this to yourself."

No matter how hard I had tried, it seemed like nothing was ever good enough for her. Despite my tears, her harsh words continued to cut through me like a never-ending horror show, leaving scars that no amount of healing could ever truly erase. My heart, already shattered, now felt like it was being pulverized into a million pieces.