Chapter Fifty-Six - We Belong Together

Score: Pillowtalk - ZAYN

Lydia

He didn't just say that!

I feel the anger boiling in my veins, eating away all other emotions. Fed by my frustration, sadness, and resentment towards the man, standing right in front of me, the man I used to be in love with, it grows and threatens to swallow me whole.

His eyes are burning with no less emotion, but I don't really care. I can't make myself care.

He's standing just a couple of feet away and it takes all my willpower not to lunge forward and smack him.

"Take that back, right now!" I hiss, throwing my arms by my sides.

"Or what?" He squints his eyes.

"Or I'll fucking make you, you twat!"

His eyes widen with shock at my words, but he gets quickly over it and takes another step forward, balling his hands into fists.

"Bitch!" Mark growls through bared teeth.

"Wanker!" I move a step closer to him, my arms straight as poles and extended by my hips.

I barely utter my last insult, when he takes the last step forward, closing the distance between us completely. He reaches with his hand and his fingers close around my throat. It all happens so fast, I barely have time to suck in a quick breath before his mouth crashes on mine.

My back hits the wall behind me and Mark presses my body with his, pinning me against the wall.

My first thought is to push him away. To slap him across his stupid face and throw more insults at him. But my body is well ahead of my thoughts, pushing me to act on instinct. Before my brain even registers it, my hands are reaching for his neck and I am pulling him closer in, digging my nails into his skin. He lets out a groan, that vibrates throughout my whole body, causing the blood in my veins to turn into pure fire. A fire I've been longing for for the past weeks. A fire that only he can turn on.

My body is reacting to him in the way it always has, and my brain is losing the uneven battle.

Mark's hand moves from my throat to my hair, grabbing a fistful and bending my head backward, forcing his tongue into my mouth. His other hand slips down my body, reaching for the back of my right thigh. He lifts my leg and wraps it around his waist.

The hand, which is still in my hair, lets go and hastily moves down until it reaches my other thigh. In one swift movement, Mark lifts me up against the wall, without ever breaking our hungry mouths apart. I wrap my legs around his waist quickly. He groans in approval and adjusts my legs with his hands.

Then, he slips one hand under my dress, still holding me up with the other.

I feel a slight burn between my legs, and, before my totally useless brain has the time to register what's going on, I hear a ripping sound and I know I've been rid of my underwear.

I whimper in his mouth, but he swallows the sounds like a man starved.

Next, I hear the zipper of his jeans come undone and, seconds later, I feel his erection against my bare thigh. I frantically move my hips against his, desperate to meet him. To feel him inside me. Where he fucking belongs.

Finally, he breaks our kiss and chuckles in my mouth.

"I fucking love you, babe!" He murmurs against my lips.

"Well, I still fucking hate you!" I say, but my body says otherwise. I am flushed, my chest is heaving with the effort of my labored breathing, and my heart is pounding frantically against my chest. I am so wet that it is fucking embarrassing. I don't want him to know what absolute power he has over me, but it's too late.