We Are the Champions

Freddie's POV:

We were on the first night of our Jazz tour in 1978. I smiled because all of our fans remembered us. It was just like our first tour in England, 1974. We were all young and innocent, not to mention very childish. I was all that too, that's how girls remembered me. I'm glad I still get known like the same Freddie.

I was wearing a leather jacket with a red bowtie, as well as some knee pads for my pants. Yes, they were also leather. What can I say? I'm a big fan of wearing leather and floral, also harlequins. Well, anything mostly.

John was wearing a vest with a black shirt with long sleeves. Roger was wearing a monochrome tank top and finally, Brian was wearing a similar outfit I wore once. The wing outfit. We all had a different set of shoes, except Brian. He wore his famous clogs.

Mature. Sexy. Handsome. Talented and an amazing vocalist for a top band from England. John was more of a shy, quiet and innocent person. He never spoke that much, which is rare because he likes talking to me. He says I understand him and I have to agree, I seriously love Deaky for that.

Anyways, my hair was slicked back, because not only did I want a different look for the year. But I also wanted to grow out of my famous long hair, which, to my surprise, drove many girls crazy in the audience.

"Ready, Freddie?" We heard one of the crew people say. "Yes, darling." I say. We all got on stage and we heard the audience scream for us. "Good evening to all you people. How's everybody doing?" I ask to the crowd who scream and smile in response.

I close my eyes and throw my head back as everyone in the crowd started to respond immediately when I told them to. Girls everywhere in the audience were yelling out my name, especially our beloved fans. It was just like when we were young. I miss those days.

"Okay, we would like to begin with a number from our previous album, News of the World. Everyone in here can participate too. It's We Will Rock You". I say as Brian, John and Roger all get ready to play in their instruments. We heard the crowd scream, clap and sing along with the words.

"Alright, boys. Let's give it to 'em fast." I said as I smiled hard. Each of us cued the music and were finally starting the lyrics. There I was, walking on the stage and off stage to shake hands with many people from the crowd. Nice one, Freddie.

When I shook hands with everyone in the crowd, I saw and heard girls passing out because of my infectuous smile. One thing I decided to start for my main goal was that. Only that. Nothing else.

Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin'
We will, we will rock you
Buddy, you're a young man, hard man
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Waving your banner all over the place
We will, we will rock you, sing it!
Buddy, you're an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes, gonna make you some peace someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place
We will, we will rock you, sing it
We will, we will rock you, everybody
We will, we will rock you, hmm
Alright

We all repeat the same end lyrics and end the song there with Brian's amazing riff. I smiled at John as he played his bass and saw him smiling back at me. He really loves me.

The crowd clapped and cheered as we did a few of our songs from the Jazz album. Finally, after a long hour of the tour, we ended it with my written song, "We Are the Champions" and the national anthem "God Save the Queen", well..we did our own version which we liked.

I then sit down on the chair next to the piano. It was so fucking hot on that stage, so I took off my jacket only for the girls to go crazy in the stadium audience. That was all I needed to hear, so I just smiled at them and they all went crazy for me...I can't forget they did the same thing for John too.

"Alright, lovelies. This next number is one that I wrote, called We Are the Champions. Feel free to move around and..sing along." The whole crowd screamed as I started to play the piano and sing the first lyrics to the next song.

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few

I then get off the piano and stand up, commanding everyone in the crowd to join us in the song.

I've had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I've come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on

I let out a full smile as I heard the audience singing and celebrating this tour with us.

We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World

I get back on the piano and stay there until we all get up and play "God Save the Queen".

I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all

I heard girls in the audience screaming my name out loud I smiled back at them. They fainted and died. I guess I am a ladies man, well..not really.

But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The human race
And I ain't gonna lose
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the World
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions

Roger continues playing the drums until I finish the song with "Of the world". Then everyone in that full crowd stands up as "God Save the Queen" plays.

"Thank you all, we love you very much." I then say. "Thank you for being with us and supporting us for the past few years." I shout out loud through the microphone. Brian, Roger, John and I all hold each other close.

The audience screamed and clapped as Brian and Roger kissed and then John and I kissed. "I love you, John. I hope you know that." I tell him. "I believe in you and your words, Freddie. I love you too." I hear him say as we all head out backstage.

I guess you could say we were having such a good time and we had a ball tonight with the audience in Dallas, Texas. We had one more tour and we finally finished our promotion album tour for the year.

We were all in an excellent mood as we went out to eat and John and I went to my house where he only stayed and slept with me in my soft bed. I felt really relieved and felt no more depression and pain. It is all thanks to everyone, mostly John, who took good care of me. He still does.

Here is where the story ends. Thank you all for being with me when I wrote my first love story (and its sequel; they're both published).

I hope any Queen fans read this story. Thank you again!! :) (No, this wasn't their last tour in real life; it was in 1986, for the Kind of Magic Tour/Wembley, London).

RIP to my celebrity crush and all time fav role model, Freddie Mercury. THE queer icon from the 70's/80's. (1946-1991). Hope you're safe and in peace up in heaven, you legend!!

Like Pink Floyd once said, "Shine on, you crazy diamond". (Yes, I had to include this reference because...why not?)

Sincerely, Grettsy