I'm Back

Freddie's POV:

I was sleeping in the hospital bed when I heard one of the nurses coming to the room for the good news. "Good news, Freddie. Your thighs no longer hurt and your throat is all better now, meaning you are free to leave." I smiled in excitement when she said that. It felt as if I was like flying to another world peacefully.

"Thank you, m'aam. Thank you so much." I say with a smile on my face. Honestly......I lied about the two more days thing; I knew I would be back to normal by today.

They sent me to the exit and I felt great walking to the sidewalk when Brian honked at me. "Freddie. I am so glad you feel better now." He says. "So am I." I hear Roger say. "Me too." John says.

Finally, I smiled again and went with them to sit in the backseat where John was at. Brian and Roger all sat in the front, we listened to music when we heard the radio say: "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. British rock band Queen's "Somebody to Love" right now is currently on the highest ranks in the music charts from the UK."

That was when I smiled as hard as I could. We were all shocked and excited in content because the song I wrote, "Somebody to Love", was already making its way on the music charts in our beloved UK.

I still remember when I first wrote it; I wanted to be involved in writing a song based on R&B, which is in my opinion one of my favorite music genres. I really loved Aretha Franklin's music when I was younger. She was the first artist I listened to when I went to school in India as a little boy.

Of course people made fun of the music I listened to, but I didn't care. So when I wrote the song, I clearly felt like I wasn't receiving any love from any person at the time, until now. Brian and Roger both gave me the idea to use text painting for the word "lord", the one word I use in the song a lot.

So I felt excited when my penned song went to the music charts for fellow British fans to hear it now as a single. Our album, A Day At The Races was finally done and released. We were currently planning out a tour for promotion of the album this year. Boy, was I excited for that.