Our Relationship

Freddie's POV:

It was a long day for all of us, we were working in the studio nonstop. I sometimes felt disappointed with each song ending the way they did, but that's okay. I liked them afterwards.

As we're all packing our things and heading home, John approaches me and asks, "Freddie, are you ok? You kinda felt sick and I was worried about you." Me and John have currently been dating for about three weeks now. We first made it official after deciding to announce it to Brian and Roger, who were proud of us and our relationship.

I smiled at him and said I was fine. I lied. I had such a bad feeling that Paul would see me with John. He used to be my friend and partner before he got used to assaulting me and abusing me, both mentally and physically. It hurts.

You see, with John, I felt safe. He was my friend and member of Queen, which is how people know us; by us, I mean me, John, Brian and Roger. "John, what year are we in?" I asked him, he goes on to checking on one of the papers that had the year written on it.

"1976. Almost close to 1977, Freddie," John says. I smile and sigh of relief a little as him and I both walk along the streets until...Paul approaches us, well..me because he didn't like John for some reason.

"Freddie, did anyone tell you you and your teeth are so beautiful?" John asked me. I blushed as he gave me a nice compliment about my teeth, which I feel a little uncomfortable with. But hey..it's me; it's who I am and that's who I'll always be.

The reason why John said this is because he tried to distract me from seeing Paul follow us..again, me. I felt safe walking with everyone, but with John, I felt a little excited. Him and I talk about everthing both music and real-life related.

Suddenly, I heard Paul's disgusting voice. It made me want to feel more and more sick. He constantly used me for everything toxic people use the innocent for.

"Fred, aren't you going to say hello to me?" He says. I try ignoring him by talking to John, who stayed on my side, not leaving. "Uh, Freddie, Paul is talking to you. Aren't you gonna answer him?" John asks me. I say no but change my mind and instead talk to Paul, which is all I can do.

"Freddie, I'm sorry, but I have to go home. I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" John tells me. Those words left me broken; I hated whenever either one of my friends left me alone with Paul, knowing how much of an abusive person he is to me.

I simply smile and say okay before watching him go home. And there it was..Paul threatening me with a knife, putting it on my throat, hurting a little. "Now listen, Fred. Nobody and I mean nobody will know about us and our former relationship. If you tell your friends about us, I'll be glad to kill you." With those words, he hurt me and soon left me walking down the street, his words already stuck in my head.

John, why did you have to go? You know how much I hate staying with Paul, I think to myself before I finally head home. Suddenly, the phone rings...I did expect a call, it was John. "Hey Freddie, how did it go?" He asked me. "Good. You know how Paul is." I lied, again.

Now with me saying I lied, John might find out I'm a liar. For some reason, he's never liked liars before. In all seriousness, I feel like John might leave me and I might get into depression and pain, like Paul said to me when I first met him.