Are You Okay?

John's POV:

There he was, in the hospital. He was laying there in a coma. I heard his cries and called for somebody to help him. "Shh, shh, Freddie. It's okay. You're gonna be okay." I said.

I hated seeing Freddie like this. Normally, he was an interesting, energetic and extraordinary person, and that's how I met him. But now he feels like a memory is engraved in his mind and can't get it off.

I suddenly remembered that he told me it went well with talking to Paul. I hated Paul myself as much as he hated him. One of the nurses comes to help him. "Good news, John. He's alive, just traumatized and he won't be able to speak that much." She tells me. I smile and nod my head, understanding.

Poor Freddie. I guess I won't be able to talk to him like I used to before. But I don't care. He's my friend and he's in danger. I walk up to him, sitting down in a chair next to him and say, "Hey there, Freddie. Are you okay?" He nods his head.

"How do you feel now?" I ask. "A little good..." is all he said. "Freddie, please tell me. Who did this?" That was when I asked him a serious question and heard him say, "P-Paul...h-he did this to me...". If I ever felt bad for anyone, it's Freddie.

I can tell he's had a troubled life when he was a kid. I had one too. But now in the condition he's in, I really felt like punching a wall in anger. I felt like wanting to murder someone for hurting him. As soon as he said Paul's name, I had it written in my head so that I would have a chat with him tomorrow.

"J-John..wait, please. Can you..stay with me? I-I feel scared." I hear him say to me. "Of course, Freddie." And that's when I tell him, "Freddie, I'm so sorry. I'll never leave you with Paul anymore. I will be there to protect you, don't worry." I mean it. I wasn't joking. I held his hand tight.

Before I knew it, he already fell asleep and I stayed with him for a whole week before he started getting well and recovering from the wounds on his thigh a little bit.

I normally don't scream or shout. But when I see Paul down the streets walking, I swear on my life I'll kill him one day. I'm serious. I am just doing this for Freddie and I. Nobody will ever harm or touch him again. He's my friend, he's mine.