Chapter 11

Freen received a text at nearly 1 am on Wednesday morning, that caused her to nearly fall out of her bed, since she normally doesn’t get texts at this time, and she was sleeping so well. A groggy groan escapes her lips as she grabs at her phone on the nearby nightstand, or tries, after several failed attempts, Freen is able to grab her phone. It takes a few moments to settle her blurry vision, and then she sees the text.

Princess: Meet me in my office, 3pm

“What for?” Freen wonders, since the text doesn’t say anything else. Then she wonders why Rebecca is even awake at this time, should she call her? Would that be too much? Freen does want to know why she wants to meet today at the office, rather than the hotel. Since, around that time, it wouldn’t be good for her to meet, anyway. The woman hits call and waits, a part of her wonders if she’ll even answer, maybe she won’t. Maybe all she wanted was to text her and that was it.

“Daddy?” Rebecca answers with a slight moan in her voice. Oh, well, that is certainly a way to answer the phone. But, hell it’s 1 am, and this is no time for a roleplay call, or was it?

“Uh…” The woman’s mind shuts down for a moment. “P-Princess, please tell me you’re not touching yourself or anything, and that you’re messing me with me.”

Silence on the phone, and then a heavenly chuckle that makes Freen smile.

“I like to keep you guessing, now what’s the reason for this call?”

“The reason for this call!” Freen wants to scream, like Rebecca didn’t just text her so randomly. “I wanted to know why you asked to meet later at the office?”

As far as Freen knows there was no next lesson or anything planned, so it’s a bit surprising to hear Rebecca wants to meet. The raven on the other end is tapping her perfectly manicured nails against her desk in the home office. Sometimes, when Rebecca can’t sleep, she’ll work on plans for work, budgets, company missions well into the next year, or when she doesn’t have work on her mind, she’ll play music she likes and silly video games she enjoys on her computer or tablet, no one knows that though.

“Because I want to see you.”

That’s not entirely true. Rebecca does want to see her, of course. She has other things in mind, though. For one, Freen is in need of a test or review, and also she really wants to ask her to join her on the business trip, it should be three days at most, including any travel time. There is no one else that Rebecca would want to ask, and several times she hovered over the email requesting her attendance and almost checked the plus one option. However, Rebecca is never the type to assume, and although she wouldn’t verbally say it, any rejection from Freen would hurt, it would hurt more than it should.

Freen takes in her answer, truth be told they haven’t seen each other since last Sunday’s date, which isn’t unusual. There have been plenty of times where they go without physically seeing one another, and everything is all texts, calls, or video conversations. What makes right now different?

“Oh, but, I have to leave the office early today, I already cleared it with one of the supervisors.”

“What?” This is news to Rebecca, who has eyes and ears everywhere in her building, why did she not know Freen put in a request to leave early, and now she wants to know for what reason is Freen going, or rather why is it more important than her? Rebecca doesn’t realize she is gripping onto the desk until she hears Freen asking her if she’s okay.

“Are you alright? You’re not saying anything.”

Is she alright? Rebecca isn’t sure. Her silence is only worrying Freen and the brunette wonders if she can make it better in some way. “Rebecca?”