Five

The oldest Princess could still feel the lips of the Serpent woman as she quickly made her way through the castle. She also fought to catch her breath the entire way and so stopped at the corner before her final destination.

She'd just had her first kiss and couldn't tell anyone about it. And more than that she needs to talk to someone about it. Cheryl could only do the next right thing, "Betty?"

The young blonde was in her reception room practicing the piano when her sister knocking on the door provided her with a much-appreciated excuse to stop. "How can I be of service?" She plonked herself un-Princess-like onto the sofa in the middle of the room.

Cheryl joined her sister there. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"You know you can talk to me about anything." Elizabeth insisted as she took in the off look her sister had plastered to her face.

Cheryl was trying to figure out the best way to phrase what she wanted to say. She took a breath and kept her eyes on her hands in her lap, "How would you know if you like someone?"

"How do you mean? Romantically?" Elizabeth noticed that her sister wasn't looking at her.

Cheryl nodded.

Elizabeth chose to push her concerns to the side and help her sister, "Well, I know people talk about butterflies in their stomachs. But I guess it's more like just a feeling that only you can describe in yourself."

Of course Elizabeth was guessing; at thirteen years old, she'd never been in love herself.

"I mean how would you know if you liked a boy?" The older redhead fought to finish the sentence.

Elizabeth hid a squeal of delight, taking far too much from her sister's question. "I think it would have to do with his character, we'd have to be in sync with one another and the conversation would just have to flow. I can't wait to have that with someone one day. Have a husband to hold and protect you, to make you feel loved, and whole. A husband that I can call mine and I his; to know that nothing could ever come between us. How his strong powerful arms will hold me every night and keep me warm." She gushed losing focus on her sister's question.

Cheryl had never thought of any of these things ever, even when she was Elizabeth's age. Was there something wrong with her? She'd be lying if she said she didn't enjoy her kiss with the Serpent girl. Would she have enjoyed it just as much or more even if it were a boy kissing her? Why is this so confusing to her? Cheryl decided she'd got all she could from her sister, "Thanks for the talk little one."

Elizabeth crossed her arms over her chest, "You do realise I'm not that much younger than you right?"

Cheryl stood with a small chuckle, "Oh I know. I'll see you at dinner." She finished as she walked out the door. The sound of her sister back at the piano followed her down the hallway.

During Cheryl's time growing up in the castle while her grandfather ruled the kingdom, she'd made sure to investigate every square centimetre of the fortress. With this valuable information, she managed to make her way down to the kitchens with little bother to anyone else as she drew very little attention to herself.

The woman she was aiming to find was relatively easy to do so, the more tricky thing was in finding her alone. Luckily it seemed all the Serpents ate their dinner before the family sat down to eat and so it wasn't long until the fellow occupants of the kitchen started to filter out into a small dining hall.

The woman of interest was the last to make her way through to the other room. Cheryl seized the opportunity and made sure to gently grasp her arm as she walked passed her hiding spot, much like she'd done earlier. The surprise on the brunette's face melted away pretty quickly soon after realising who it was in the shadows.