16) Safe Around Dangers

"What a way to go. Dangling by our feet over a rotunda,"I sighed.

"We're not going to die,"Aris responded.

"Can I just say that I'm really glad we listen to Thomas? You did a really great job. Just hear the man out Thomas says,"Minho mocked.
"Just tell him what we're here for Thomas says,"I joined in.
"Shut up you two,"He sighed.
"No, because this is the exact way I wanted to go. No, really. I appreciate blood rushing to my head."
"I like you better when you didn't talk,"He mumbled.
"I like her more when she does talk,"Minho countered.
"I like it more when we start thinking of a plan,"Frypan said, reminding us of our terrible situation. Didn't he see we were trying to distract ourselves from it?

"Look on the bright side,"Newt started.
"No,"I argued before he could speak.
"Such a bloody pessimist."
"Such a bloody pessimist,"I repeated, making sure to exaggerate the accent.
"Note to self. Y/N will become a slinthead in dangerous situations."
"Note to self. Y/N is actually funny in dangerous situations,"Minho corrected.

From there everyone was talking over each other. I just kept dangling. Every now and then I would spin in a circle.

"Is that the best idea?"Aris asked.

"It can't make this any worse, and it's not rope so it won't break. I may as well enjoy this new experience,"I replied, with half sarcasm and half seriousness.

"How are you even doing that?"

"It's easy. Just move your head in circles, point one foot up, and let everything work itself out."

"Doesn't that hurt your ankle?"He asked.

"That's why I figured out you can only use one,"I explained.

"Like this?"He asked, getting a good start.

"Yep. Just keep it up."

With that we just kept spinning while everyone argued until Jorge can back down.

"You two look stupid,"He remarked.
"So do you. What use do you have in tying up some teenagers?"I asked.

That was a terrible idea because he pulled a lever. The chains dropped. I had to control my attitude.

"What do you know about Right Arm?"He asked.

"I thought you said they were ghosts?"Thomas reminded him.

"Ah, but I happen to believe in ghosts."

I kept my mouth shut but my ears open. There could be something subtle he'd say that would reveal more about them.

"We don't know anything,"Minho argued. He pulled the chain again. This time I hit my head against the wall. I winced as a trickle of blood went down the side of my face. At least the cut only felt like it was near my ear and not my actual skull, but it didn't change the fact that I attracted inconvenient injuries like a magnet.

"Okay, okay! They live in the mountains! That's all we know!"Thomas told him.

Jorge peered at us as if he had some built in lie reveler in his head. Judging by the weird device he used on us earlier it wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

"We told you what we know. Just let us go now,"Minho told him.

Jorge looked back at one of his workers? Employees? Pushover minions with no backbone? It doesn't matter because he still looked like he would not hesitate to kill us, and he definitely could.

"Barkley, keep them tied up,"He barked, before walking away.

"Hey! What about us?"Minho yelled.

He turned around, and his face contourted into a malicious grin. "Oh no hermanos. You are very valuable."