22. Good luck, asshole!

Daniel

I think about Sarah and remember the troubled look on her face. She is in a chaotic state, no different than me.

Then there is my brother. His hair is unkempt and his clothes are dishevelled showing he has been having a head which I interrupted.

I just frown at him. He would be unscathed by it earlier but now he is hiding from nailing women on his table. I cringe looking at a Mazanine table.

"Danny." I look back at Rosalie appearing from the restroom behind me. She is ruffled a bit but has arranged her clothes at least. She is wobbling on her heels. I just wiggle my brows at my brother who looks away in disgrace. Disgrace? Wow! That's unusual.

And Danny? Did she call me that?

I press my lips in disappointment.

"Rose," I say and she exchanges an amused look with Derek. They talk through their eyes for a few seconds with varying emotions of every kind. You name it. Love. Sex. Disappointment.

"Only Derry calls me that. But you can call me that too, Danny." She smiles at me. She looks so fucking innocent and stunning.

She struts towards Derek and kisses him on the cheek. Cheek? She is stunning in her navy blue dress with a sweetheart's neck.

"I will leave you two to talk. " she looks at me and then at Derek she adds, "Be nice."

Derek nods and stares at her ass as she leaves the office. I just laugh lightly that distracting him. He is just so whipped.

"Make it fast. I need to leave." I say seating myself on the sofa.

"What should I get for breakfast?"

"I have already eaten," I say with an edge in my voice. I believe that it will protect me and shake my brother against what he is up to.

Derek gives me a disgruntled look. More of hurt in his eyes but he begins.

"I had asked you to not deny this marriage already," he says.

I nod and look away.

"But there is a reason and I have decided to come straight." I frown at him.

"Don't beat around the bush. Finish it already." I say in annoyance. He looks at me in anticipation. He blows a breath and decides to get on with it.

"Listen to me and don't interrupt." I stiffen at his words. What's he up to?

"A fraction of your business is affiliated with DK and Co. When it launched the second investor wasn't a fat-rich fella, it was me. You are lucky it wasn't Dad. So you don't know shit about Brooklyn and Coaster's business affairs which are off the books. You think you are forced to marry Allicia because she likes you and her daddy is doing it for her. No, most of our black money had been turned white. " he stops and stares at me to gaze at my reaction.

It's not something I don't know. If we have a legal business in papers with a lot of profit and important people involved,  there is a chance half of it is somehow twisted and is internally illegal.

I shrug at him. He proceeds.

" in this company of yours and Alicia. It's a shallow corporation and everything will have to close down someday. Your reunion with Brooklyn will open doors with infinite opportunities for resources and networks to expand safely. No dead bodies behind! We are simply dissolving your company together. So now you ding break this engagement and do something stupid-"

"What the fuck? Dad said-" I scream. Everything came crashing to me. I had seen some things that just didn't add up but I ignored it. No father would do their son like that, I thought. And Derek is concerned about my marriage. He is evil as my father.