7. Truths be told

Chapter -7

Truths be told

Daniel

It is plain and simple. The world's forces have proved time and again simplicity is bliss and a path to peace, I, on the other hand, am seeking a show in this plain and simple Email - for instance, to fill in the blank and make me feel worthy and not a man who by fate has inherited the privileges-  that might end my life for good to be laced with little fatherly love who just expect me to be a son and not a coaster next in line to carry forward the legacy. But it is something of a parallel universe. As he says: Daniel, you have not got just the name but a legacy and with it the privileges. You are no more a child. Man up and take up the responsibility to serve the name as it's serving you.

I scoff at my shallow idea of The Name serving me- The email from my father, probably. I reread it.

It's too clear to deny.

You will not be my son anymore if you do not heed me, Daniel.

I lay back in the bed in desperation. My head is rummaging through a million of things and then it goes all blank. Empty.

But again...

What kind of father would expect his son to marry a woman who cheated on him with his best friend right before the marriage?

"Well. My father." I affirm voicing it. Just like every time I know I have two choices: stand up or stand down. And again, like always I spiral in these two to sleep.

"Alicia Brooklyn," I say

"Alicia Daniel Coaster," I say crazily.

I cannot. I cannot with this. This is too much.

I sit up. The agony and confusion don't go away.

Remain there for a while before I pick up my jacket and head straight to Parker.

If he would be in the right mind he would accompany me to drink my dilemma away.

It doesn't take me more than half an hour to reach his steps. I knock urgently. I hear the footsteps approaching and then the latch moving and keys turning.

"Danny? What the fuck man? It's 3 in the morning." He banters as I make my way inside. He is as single as I am.

"I didn't see the time. Well, now I know." I smile at him slumping on the sofa and he just groans.

"So has Derek put your ass in another hot burner?" He asks and slumps beside me.

"It's Dad."

"Oh man, I'm not doing this. Your daddy issues a-"