29. Fight for love

Sarah

I make my way to Alicia's office. They didn't allow me to meet her initially so I convinced them it was for an editorial about the fake breakup of Daniel and Alicia Brooklyn. The message was delivered to her and so do my deliverance.

I had been bitter towards Daniel without understanding him well. I have to amend it.

Alicia asked for me in her office. I take a while breath before entering her office.

"Sarah Cole, is it?" She chirps without even looking up at me. She is wearing a bright red dress, too bright for the office. She has the aura to own the surrounding though. Her desk is well arranged and with the way her hands moved on the laptop, she was working.

Maybe that's why Daniel loved her. And even after hating her decided to tie the knot with her.

How long will it take for me to accept he publicly broke the marriage?

"Yes. I am-"

"Summarize what you will write about us, Sarah. I want it to be sympathetic and dramatic. It should divert the people from all the chaos," She says now looking at the pocket mirror and fixing her lipstick.

And that's the problem.

"Alicia, I am not here for editorial," I say looking at her in the brown orbs. She is indeed the most beautiful and sexy woman. Daniel wouldn't break up with her for me.

Is it fake that Daniel broke up with her?

"My assistant told me that you are here for that. " she frowns at me. Later she stands up and retrospects at me.

"Then why would you disturb me, Sarah Cole?" She glares at me folding her arms. Maybe she is not as beautiful as I find her.

"I wanted to meet..to meet Danny. I mean Daniel Coaster." I stutter. It's awkward to enquire about someone's fiancee just like that.

"You want to what?" She sniggers at me.

"Yeah, I want to meet him. He is not available on the phone. And I went to his house and no one is there. I didn't know whom to talk to so I... I came here. Where is he?"

Oh my god. It looks ugly. I should have contacted his brother. But he is an asshole.

"Why would you want to meet my fiancee ?" She approaches close to me. Her position is defensive. She gives me an eye and smiles at me dangerously.

I didn't think about it at all. Now I am birdy caged in the invisible bars and this woman seems cruel.

"I... I am nothing. " what the fuck? I take a deep breath and something lights up in my head. I have lost my shine.

"I am a writer at Ultimatum and I am after a story about the reality of the alliance of Brooklyn and Coaster considering the last time it ended on a scandalous note. It was speculated that you had an affair and it's not known about the man you were involved with. Later on, it was said that the marriage was called off because of something very personal and not an affair. Daniel is missing after his alleged breakup that through social media. I thought what's better to meet than his fiancee itself? Where is Daniel Coaster, Alicia?" I say?

She glances at me, her expression unclear. Did she buy it?

"Are you fucking Daniel, Sarah?" She asks me unfolding her hand and reaching out towards my head.

I step back in surprise.

"It was promising, but since you fucked him, you stuttered a ton," She says and smiles at me merrily.