Chapter 12- Soyeon's Gang

"Felix why do you seem so down?", the tall boy with blonde hair, Felix's roommate, asked

"I just- it's been a long day", Felix replied.

"Felix. We've lived together all our lives, I'll know when you're bothered.", Hyunjin noticed the boy awkwardly pacing around and opened his lap, "now sit and tell me what happened."

Felix found a snug spot in Hyunjin's lap, "Hyunjin...", he looked up at the boy's kind eyes and his own began watering.

Felix broke down in a heaving sob. He felt as if a balloon had popped in his heart, and now it was empty, hollow and full of air. He didn't understand why he was so emotional.

Hyunjin hated seeing Felix cry. In all honesty, Hyunjin has had a crush on Felix since they were kids. They're the same age, and their parents were friends and neighbours, so they grew up around each other. He couldn't possibly figure out what made Felix break down, but he had the urge to protect him.

"Did somebody hurt you Felix? Are you injured?", Hyunjin checked Felix for injuries. Felix thought of Minho's roommate but decided otherwise.

"Hyunjin.. its been days since Minho was released from the hospital.. he's not showed up to class.. and his roommate won't let me visit him. He's never at the dorm apparently... God knows how Minho is doing.. he must be getting neglected.. oh god Hyunjin I hate this.", he looked at Hyunjin with a faithless glance.

"Felix let-"

"Do you think the universe is punishing me for liking Minho?"

Hyunjin stayed silent.

"Do you think I'm a bad friend Hyunjin? To get close to Minho, knowing he's straight, and still harbouring feelings?"

Hyunjin didn't know what to say. Except he suddenly remembered.

"But Lix, Minho had come to class today tho-"

"What?! When?"

"Remember we all didn't show up for dance class in the morning cuz Prof Jimin said there's no class? Minho probably didn't get the notification."
Felix was all ears.
"I'd left my bag there yesterday so I'd gone to get it back, and Minho was there too, he looked dishevelled. Really distracted. He'd got his hoodie on the wrong way. I don't think it was his either cuz it wasn't his size."

"He'd got a neck brace and all. So I asked him how he was doing. He scanned the class, said "Yes" and practically ran away. He didn't even meet my eye. And-"

" And what?! ", Felix's fears had come true, Minho was neglected.

" He'd got a blue bruise on his cheek"

Felix felt like his whole world had collapsed. He couldn't believe his eye. Minho was pretty fucking strong. Just because he wore loose clothes that didn't show his biceps, doesn't mean he didn't pack a punch. Did he pick a fight? Or-

Felix suddenly remembered his roommate's words," I'll know exactly what he'd like me to do"

"Hyunjin.. Hyunjin.. this is not okay. He's getting abused Hyunjin. He's gonna die. W-we must d-do something! We need to call the police!"

"Felix, calm down. We don't know for sure. Who do you think is abusing him??"

"His roommate.. what was his name? Jihyun?! I can't believe this.. Hyunjin Hyunjin Minho's getting ABUSED IN HIS DORM! "

Hyunjin felt a bit of jealousy, nobody had reacted like this when Felix himself got abused at school back in the day, but this boy was so fucking nice-or maybe this is how people should be. Regardless, if it was an abusive situation, he'd put all his jealousy towards Minho aside.

"Felix. Listen. I'll call my sister Soyeon. She's got her gang of girls. They'll show up and beat the shit out of his roommate. Remember what they did to YOUR bullies back in the day? They've got new friends now too, Yuqi and Miyeon I think. Soyeon talks about her girls day and night so I'd know. Its all gonna be fine. My sister's gang is STRONG."

"Hyunjin... I'll never know how to repay you.. thank you so much.. please.. do anything you can."

Hyunjin bit his lip at Felix. Even after sobbing he looked so cute. Hyunjin bit back his blushing. This was not the right time.

He dialed his sister's number.

"Hyunjin-ah wassup?"

"Soyeon, Felix believes his friend is getting abused. When can you show up? I'll give you the details and GPS over text."

"Hmm. Day after tomorrow. Yuqi and Miyeon would have to catch the train. I've got Shuhua and Soojin with me at college. We'll be there ASAP. Minnie needs time to arrive too."

" Great. I can always count on you. Thanks "