Chapter 7- Slept In

Minho's mornings usually start early, but today he found waking up beyond burdening

Minho's mornings usually start early, but today he found waking up beyond burdening. He looked at his wall clock for a while, deciding whether he'd sleep in and miss the first period- contemporary dance classes with Prof Jimin- or not. His mind was already caught up in a depressed haze, and the place where Yuqi hit hurt like shit. He felt like a failure of a human being, and though these classes were his favourite, he decided to skip the first period.

Soon he woke up late for the second period, and forced anything off his closet onto himself and ran about to get some food. His previous dormmate, no natter how messy, made it a point to prepare some coffee for him from their coffee machine, but there was nothing on the table. He cursed his new dormmate, God knows what he thinks of himself he thought, but then again they didn't even know each other.
He stuffed a biscuit in this mouth and made a run for class.

...

"So students, as we know, our head voice is be-," Professor Jeongyeon stopped midway in class, "And who do we have here? Lee Minho, is this your first time being late?"

"N-no professor.. but I assure you it won't happen again!", Minho stuttered out.

"Get in. And learn to be on time. You're old enough.", the short haired Professor ordered.

Minho staggered up to his seat and, seeing Felix and feeling a sudden wave of guilt, he moved two seats away from his usual next to Felix. Felix, unaware of the sudden change, plopped himself right next ti Minho.

"Hey psst", the blonde whispered, "Why were you so late? Prof Jimin was looking for you! He blamed ME for not waking you up!"

"Huh, why? Did i do something wrong?", said Minho.

"I dunno", said Felix, "but he looked like he really needed you. He might come looking for y-"

Just then a slim, redheaded man appeared at the door, and examined the room questioningly.

" Is Lee Minho here? ", asked Professor Jimin.

" Seems like Professor Jimin,", said Professor Jeongyeon," has forgotten basic etiquette. I mean who still acknowledges that another professor is in the room right?", a light chuckle went about the class.

"Seems like Professor Jeongyeon," said Jimin, "Has forgotten what tone to use with a colleague. We can see how far the sarcasm has gotten her. She barely gets lines in her own songs"

The class made oohs and aahs.

"Professor Jimin", said Jeongyeon ” Knows not the time and place for things. Well let me remind him. This is my classroom and its Vocal time. Until he can perform even an okay-ish encore performance, I wouldn't wanna hear from him. "

" Oh yeah? I can't sing? Then you can't dance Professor Jeongyeon. You're only famous because of the gay girls in your fandom, and even so more of them like me better. "

" Professor Jimin seems to understand that just because his fans follow him like he's Pied Piper doesn't mean he's smooth like butter. I can name a 100 people who wouldn't sweat any blood, sweat and tears doing what he does."

" Professor Jeongyeon needs to Cheer Up cuz it seems like making me insult her more and more makes her feel special."

" Professor Jimin I-"

Class had long been dismissed, and seeing the two professors' arguments not nearing an end, the students'started to filter out of the back door, not quite being able to fancy witnessing the age old feud between the vocals and dance experts.

Minho wanted to get out of class too, and he used to drag Felix out because the boy used to fall asleep near the end of class, he used to wake him up and hold his hand till the exit. Felix liked holding hands. But today he did not.

Felix watched through his half closed eyes, deep "asleep" as Minho looked at him for a second, reached out, hesitated and promptly left. He didn't like where this was going.