Chapter Five

Chapter Five

The man looks up at the night sky. It's filled with millions of tiny stars. But that isn't why he's looking up. He stares at the unexisting moon, feeling sad.

The moon is the only connect he has with her. Every night he would stare at it feeling at peace. But nights ,such as this one, leaves him feeling depressed. He knows the moon is still there, it's just hiding. But yet he couldn't feel her without the moon.

He yearns to see her and he couldn't wait until the day he finally gets to reunites with her. With both of them.

The sun he gets to see everyday. It's always shining day on him, warming him up. That thought alone makes him smile.

One day I will see you again. He tells himself.

A noise, jogs him from his deep thoughts of the moon and sun. He sits up, waiting for a figure to emerge from the tree lines.
He see the outline of the figure, walking towards him. He stops a couples of meters away from him.

The figure folds his arms cross his chest, settling in for the conversation that they have in front of them.

"Do you have anything you need or want to tell me?" The man asks, testing the figure. He already knows about what happened days ago.

"Something tells me you already know the answer to that question, Abe."The another man says.

Abe narrows his eyes. "Why weren't you there to prevent it from happening?"

The man laces his hands behind his neck. "I had other things to take care of."

Rage shoots through him. "She's your first priority!"

The man glares at him. "If I remember correctly, you're the one who told us we didn't have to be in their lives."

"I know what I said." Abe says. "But I also told you to watch them."

"And that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm keeping a safe distance from her until I need to step in."

"It doesn't seem like it." Abe retorts back. "If one more person hurt her again, you're done."

The man knows Abe is referring to the first time, a young boy destroyed her heart.

"She isn't the same anymore."

Abe's eyes softened. "I heard about what happened to Jen and David."

"Someone's after her and my guess is they want to get her before she realize what powers she has."

All this before her eighteenth birthday. If Ramadi gets her or both of them for that matters it's all over. He would've won.

"You know your job. I expect you to enter her life before the end of the week." Abe orders him.

The figure slightly nods, signalling he understood.

"I don't care what you have to do to enter her life and make feel safe and herself again, just do it."

"I'll see what I can do." The figure mutters. "Are we done here?"

Abe nods. "Yes but expect a visit from me real soon."

And with that Abe disappears into the night's air.

The man stands there. He swears under his breath. If his priority wasn't related to Abe, he would've killed him long time ago.

He takes a deep breath before exhaling. One more stop to make before he has to meet her. The girl who always manage to be happy even in the worst situations. Now she's cold hearted. Her walls are build and she doesn't care who it is, she's not letting them in. All he has to do is break them down, one at a time, slowly.

If all this works out, she'll be her stubborn usual, typical self again.

Now he just needs to figure out what he's going to do.