Chapter Twenty Three

"Guys" Daire's loud voice calls out. "Wake up." She orders us.

I ignore her and roll over, pulling the cover over my head. We, literally, went to sleep two hours ago. The last groups of people left around 5 am. We called cabs for everyone who were drunk. It was one hectic party. Daire made sure no one crashed at her house except us. I'm not sure when the beers arrived but I'm so not looking forward to cleaning up someone's throw up. Daire is on her own.

"Get up" She repeats. "My parents will be here in an hour."

The covers are pulled off my body and I sit up quickly, ready to make a snide comment to who ever took my blanket.

I come face to face with a smiling Hayes. "Come on. We have to help."

I want to say no we don't but I know I was going to lose the argument. Groaning, I get up off the floor, pushing on my lower back. Thanks to Shawn and Teri taking the bed, we had to sleep on the uncomfortable floor. The rest of the rooms were off limits, according to Daire. She said she didn't want anyone to spill anything on the new carpets.

"Okay" Daire say, clapping her hands. "Shawn and Chris you two have the backyard."

"I'm cool with that." Chris says. "As long as I don't have to clean up throw up."

They leave the room to get started cleaning off the yard. Teri and Gina has the front yard. Daire called the living room and Hayes got the rest of the rooms. So that left me in the horrible kitchen.

I never seen so many red cups and plates in my whole life. Food is scattered around the kitchen floor and I sweep it up. I grab the two punch bowls and the rest of the dishes and washed them.

I clean the counters and tables before I'm finished. Daire walks into the kitchen, holding a bag filled with deflated balloons and cups.

As soon as everyone is done, we leave. Teri dozed off twice on the drive back to house. I finally got her to pull over and leave me drive the rest of the way.

We make it to the house and I didn't even bother to take my heels off. I fall onto my bed and let sleep wrap around my body.

My eyes barely closed before I'm back into the field of flowers. Aliyah takes one look at me to understand I had a rough night.

"You look horrible." She states.

"Geesh, thanks" I mutter. Even in my dreams, I'm exhausted. "Did you find anything?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"The twins visited me, again" She informs me. "They said something about the two poles can make or break him."

I frown. "Two poles?" I repeat. "Like the North and South Poles?"

"That's what I'm thinking."

"Did they tell you who is he?"

She shakes her head. "No but they did say, the more you play the more you will see."

"The song." I say. "I forgot about that."

The scene changes and we're back to the blurry world of confusion. I look at Aliyah.

"Did you do that?" I ask.

"No." She points. "Look."

I follow her extended finger and she pointing to a man, playing the piano.

"He wants to cry." She informs me. "The song is playing. He's singing for her."

"I can't see him but I can hear the song, the music." I tell her. "Can you hear it."

"I hear mutters. It's distant."

She can see the scene clearer than I could but I can hear the song better than she can.

Born the siren and the seer.

Pops into my head.

Remembrance is the key to everything. The song has all the answer.

Then it hits me. "I need to play the song."

Aliyah looks at me. "But you don't know all of it."

"Yes I do." I say. "It's lost in my mind."

A grand piano appears and I sit on the bench and so does Aliyah. My fingers press softly against the keys and the lyrics slowly falls to my lips.

My love leave yourself behind
Beat inside of me leave you blind

The first two line falls perfectly out and I hear the man's soft sad voice. This is someone he truly cared about.

My love you have find peace
You were searching for release
You gave it all Gave into the call

" I hear him" Aliyah tells me. "He sounds broken." She pauses. "The more you play, the more the scene unfolds."

She's right. I can see more of the scene. It's not as blurry.

You took a chance And you took the fall for us
You came thoughtfully
Loved me faithfully
You taught me honor

My voice is no longer calm. It's sounds sad. My voice is on the verge of breaking. This song has so many emotions. No wonder the little girl was crying.

You did it for me
Tonight you will sleep for good
You will wait for me
My love
Now I am strong
You gave me all
You gave me all you had
Now I am whole

Our voices are different but the emotions are the same. I couldn't bring myself to finish the heart broken song. Tears falls from my eyes. I knew Allison. Who was she to me? Who is Abe?

I let my arms drop. Music has control of my body. I can feel the emotion it brings. I can't handle this song. It's too much.

Aliyah hugs me, she's crying too. "I can see it. I can feel it. This place is where everything happened. This place is broken."

The man is still singing but I can't follow along with him.

The song tells you everything.

Moon girl is right. The song does tell you everything. Abe lost Allison, the love of his life. Abe is young maybe in his late 20s or early 30s, when this happened. How did Allison die?

"Aliyah, this place is the key to our missing life." I say. "I don't know how but we knew Allison and Abe."

She nods her. "I know. I can sense it in my body. Can you finish the song?"

As much as I want to find out about everything, I couldn't play it. I feel exhausted. Aliyah starts to fades in and out.

"What's happening?" I asks, worried.

"The...." She's breaking up. "energy.....too.....we're....." I couldn't make out what she is saying.

Our connection explodes and I'm snap back into my own reality.