Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

I groggily wake up, opening my eyes slowly. My head is pounding out of control. What happened?

I sit up and I'm alone, again, in the dark room. The only light is the moonlight shining through the window. I get up and walk down the hallway.

I stop when I hear a soft quiet voice. Hayes. He probably would of heard me if it wasn't still raining. He's talking to someone. His phone is pressed against his ear. He's speaking quietly but quickly.

"She blacked out ten minutes ago" he informs the person his talking to. "Her eyes turned gold like she was connecting with Lily"

He gives the person a few seconds to speak before talking again. "I know they can't communicate with each other without their necklaces but I was in her mind and I couldn't see what she was seeing."

The person talks again and then Hayes. "Reid, I think it has something to do with her singing again. She was playing the song Abe sung at Allison's funeral. It could've trigger her memories. Her brain is trying to remember but needs help."

Reid speaks and I wish I can hear what he is saying. "Lily is the seer of course she's going to remember before Millie does. Ramadi is behind this but how?"

There goes that word again seer. Born the moon and the sun. The siren and the seer.

What does that have to do with anything? Who is Hayes talking about? The song what is that about? Who's Abe and Allison?

The king and he's two guardians knows all about it.

The girls couldn't have meant Hayes. It seems likely but my mind can't wrap around it.

Find me.

The seer, Lily? Why do I have to find her? What's going on?

Remember before it's too late.

Before what's too late? Remember what exactly? The song? Hayes said Abe played it at Allison's funeral. It confirms it was a sad song. Probably a going away song. I need to remember the lyrics and this seer Lily, is my only link to it.

He's coming.

Who's he? Who are they so afraid of. Ramadi. Hayes mentioned him to Reid. Who is it? And what did he want?

Together we're unbeatable. Separated we're in danger.

Who's powerful together? Who was separated?

Questions raced through my head without answers. It all leads back to the song. What is the song? Why is it so important?

I tune back into Hayes's conversation.

"Easier said than done." He snaps. "She's going to start asking questions. She's remembering. Tell Abe we can't keep them away from each other anymore. The sooner they know, the better. Ramadi is pushing them closer to figuring it out. We need to stay a step a head of him."

Reid says something before they disconnect.
Hayes sighs, exhausted. He places his hands onto of the counter in front of him and takes in slow deep breath.

I wait a few minutes before entering the kitchen. He doesn't notice me until I wrap my arms around his waist. He tensed up but relax when he realize it was me.

He turns around so he's facing me.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine." He caresses my face. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I don't know what happened. How long was I out?"

"Not long." He tells me, watching me carefully. "Are you sure you're okay?"