Chapter Twenty Seven

"What step are we doing today?" I ask, as I climb into his Range Rover.

He shrugs. "Whichever you want to do." He says starting the engine.

I've done every step except break the rules. I'm still trying to build up to that one. Hayes said he promise he won't let me end up in jail. He probably wouldn't but I'm not ruling it out just yet.

"I feel like taking a risk" I tell him.

He smirks. "Still scared of breaking the rules"

I roll my eyes, ignoring him. "I want a tattoo."

He doesn't say anything but his body tenses up. "You want a tattoo?"

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"I could do it for you." He says. "But I'm not."

I frown. "Why not?" I ask. "You did Daire's." I point out.

"I did." He admits, nodding his head "I thought you were over Daire"

"I am" I say. "But why won't you do it?"

"Because I'm not getting you tattled up."

I shrug my shoulders. "Okay fine. I'll find someone else to do it."

"Like who?"

"You're not the only one I know who's a tattoo artist"

Actually he is the only one I know but we are in California. It can't be that hard to found someone. I'll ask Teri to help me. She knows a lot of them.

"You don't know anyone." Hayes tells me."Why do you want a tattoo?"

"I don't know." I admit. "Just to get one."

"If you give me a good reason, I'll do it for you."

I perk up. "Really?" He nods his head. "Just one reason?"

"Just one good reason" He corrects me. "Let me know at the end of the day and we can get it tonight"

I smile. "Sounds kinky." He lifts one of his eyebrows. "We're going to be alone in a tattoo parlor, you're going to be touching me..." I shrug."It can lead to other things."

"You're the only one would think of that." He says, but the corner of his mouth tilts up.

"I learned for the best." I say, leaning back against the seat. "You know you're going to regret this, right?"

"I've done worst things." He says. "And that's only if you give me a good reason."

"I can give you one right now." I tease.

"Not if you want to survive." He responds back.

"I'm willing to test the theory."

"Well I'm not." He tells me. "You might not like your life but I happen to."

"You're the one who taught me to take risks" I point out. "Are you backing out, Cipriano?"

"I never back out." He says. "But there are limits."

"Sure there are." I say.

He glances at me for the corner of his eye.

"You do realize we're driving 75 miles down a dangerous highway, right?"

I shrug. "I never said I make the brightest plans but I'm pretty sure we will survive"

"Not a very high percentage." He says.