Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I wake to the sound of Teri's loud snoring and a kink in my neck. I grab the side of my neck and look at Teri's sleeping body laid out across her bed.

Last night, Teri thought it would be a great idea for us to sleep in her room while Hayes sleeps in my room. I told him he could sleep on the couch but Teri wasn't have it.

I walk out the room and the smell of pancakes, bacon and sausages fills my nose. I head to the kitchen to see a shirtless Hayes cooking. He looks up.

"You look horrible." He tells me. "Teri's snoring got to you."

"You act like you look perfect" I say, sitting down on the table. I run my fingers through my tangled hair but decide to give up on it.

"Yeah but girls seems to like it." Hayes says, flipping the pancake.

"Like what?" I asks. "I know it's not your cocky atittude."

He looks up. "No they like something much more." He motions to his body.

My eyes trails over his lean, toned body. My eyes lingers over his abs a little bit to long.

"I'll say you like what you see, too." Hayes chuckles.

I blush, looking away quickly. "Don't flatter yourself."

"Why are you so up tight?" He asks.

"I'm not up tight."

"Sure you're not." He says, stacking the pancakes.

"I'm not."

He brings the plates over to the table then heads back to grab coffee mugs. "I, normally, wouldn't do this but for you I'll make an exception."

I roll my eyes. "I feel so special."

Hayes smirks. "You should be"

From where I'm sitting, I can't see what he's making but I forget about him and starts piling my plate with pancakes, bacon and sausage.

"Are you going to save some for the rest of us?" Hayes asks, sitting a mug in front of me.

"No. I'm going to eat all of it." I tell him, sarcastically. "What is this?" I ask, pointing to the mug.

"Try it and find out."

"What if you piosoned it? I'm not just going to try it."

"Do you not trust me?" Hayes asks. "Do you want me to try it?"

I scrunch my nose up. "No. I'll try it."

I bring the mug to my lips and my mouth is instantly filled with French Vanilla and a hint of something else.

I place the mug down. "French Vanilla and I'm not quite sure what the other one is."

"Cinnamon" He says, smirking.

"What are you smiling at?" I asks, taking a bite of my pancake. And let me tell you it feels like Heaven.

"You have cream on you lips." He says. "I could help you with that."

"No thank you." I tell him, wiping the whip cream off my lip.

I hear Teri's footstep heading our way. If Hayes thinks I look horrible then Teri is a walking disaster.

"Teri you look so beautiful" Hayes jokes. "You're like a goddess. Right, Audrey?"

I stuff my mouth with food, so I can't say anything.

Teri flips off Hayes. "Fuck you, Hayes."

He chuckles and Teri begins to fills her plate.

It's past ten when Hayes decides to finally leave.

"I know you're going to miss me, Boo" He says." Stop acting so tough and just say it already."

I raise one of my eyebrows. "I don't know what's worst your big ego or you delusion youself to think that I'll actually miss you."

He smirks. "Acting hard to get. I like that." He opens the front door. "Bye Teri!"

"You're finally leaving, thank God!" Teri says from the livingroom.

"Even Teri wants you to leave."

He shrugs. "She's annoyed. She'll get over it." He steps closer to me. "But you I'm going have break your walls down" I see amusement in his eyes. "And that's going to require us to spend a lot of time together."

I roll my eyes. "Good luck with that"

He chuckles. "I don't need luck. Try not to miss me so much."

He leaves and I gladly shut the door. I can't help wondering how he knew I built walls. Was I that obvious? God I hope not.

I hate the way he makes me feel around him. I want, need, those feelings to go away.

Don't deny them. The voice in my head says. Hold on to them.

He become my worst nightmare.