Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

Abe waits for him to come and give an update on her. The moon is halfway there until it's a full moon. The day he will be able to have a strong connection with her. It's been two weeks since he left London, England. Two weeks he had with Millian. He better have had something to report or it will not end too well. The other protector is doing his job perfectly and he is younger than this protector. Maybe he thought too highly of him.

Every night the moon offered a little piece of information about her and her state of mind. But since he has been gone for a couple of weeks, making sure Lillian is okay, he didn't have time to check up on her.

Hours past before Abe starts to question if the young man is going to show up. He better show up if he knows what is good for him.

Half an hour later he finally walks through the tree lines.

"About time you decide to show up." Abe says.

The man folds his arms over his chest. "I'm not going to apologize for being late. I'm doing exactly what you order."

Abe stares at him for a moment before speaking. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she's fine" The man replies. "I took care of the little incident if that's what you're worried about."

Abe raise one of his eyebrows. He wasn't informed about an incident. He tends to deal with that later but for now he has bigger issues to face.

"Ramadi has went off grid. My men cannot locate him. He's planning something." Abe informs him.

"Have you not notice his men are constantly around her?" The man asks.

By the look from Abe's face he didn't.

"Explain."

The man sighs. "They look like shadows but there's a touch of magic lingering in the area. They're getting closer and my guess is they're waiting for Ramadi's signal."

"Figure out what he is planning. Do not let them get any closer." Abe orders.

He has to get back to Lillian and warn Reidese about this. Ramadi's plan cannot go into action.

"I'm way a head of it." The man tells him. "They won't be coming back any time soon."

Before he came to meet Abe, he felt one of them following them. He had a few words to say to them. They scurried away after what he had to say.

"Keep your eyes open and keep me informed."

Abe disappears into the thin air.

The man stands there, thinking. If Ramadi went off grid and his men are getting closer, then something big is going to happen. He just doesn't know when.

But it isn't about to happen. Ramadi has another thing coming. The man walks through the treeline.

He needs to get in touch with Reid. They need to find Ramadi before anything can happen. Before his day comes and they will be competely helpless.

Audrey's P.O.V

Teri's grin widest as she continues to stare at me from across the booth, her cold drink in her hands.

"You like him, don't you?" She accuses, still grinning.

My hazel eyes quickly scan the little diner. "No I don't and can you lower your voice?"

"Why? He's not around."

I know he's not but Hayes has a habit of popping up at the wrong time. And right now is definitely the wrong time.