Chapter Ten

I dashed forward and covered Dina's mouth, but she only thrashed around. I stared her in the eyes, letting a little of my wolf see through my human eyes. Dina stopped thrashing and screaming so I said,"I am going to let my hand off of your mouth, then you can ask anything you like. Okay?" I waited for her to answer. Dina nodded after several seconds.

I released my hand from her mouth and took a couple steps back. Jordan padded over to me, still as his wolf, and put his head under my hand. I rubbed his ears and smiled.

"Are you a-a werewolf?" Dina asked, looking frightened. I laughed, and Jordan rumbled. I was beginning to think that rumbling was actually purring.

"What's so funny?" Dina demanded. I saw the confusion on Dina's face, and wondered if this is what I looked like the other day. Her face was scrunched up in confusion, and her brows were pushed up.

"I guess you could call us werewolves," I started,"But we are actually called Animus Lupus, or Spirit Wolves."

"We?" Dina asked. I nodded and Jordan phased into his human. Instead of my hand on his head, my hand was intertwined with Jordan's.

"Dina, this is my mate. My dad is Alpha of Riddle, and Jordan is soon to be Alpha." I explained,"I would have told you if I could have but I don't think I was supposed to. I just found out two days ago."

"Oh." Dina said softly. I continued,"My mom was a hybrid. She was half Spirit Wolf, half vampire. I was born mainly as a Spirit Wolf, but I have some vampire in me."

"Can-can you change?" Dina asked. I answered by phasing, and Jordan along with me.

We can communicate with her mentally, Jordan said, But none of us can feel each other's emotions.
I nodded and told Dina, I can talk to you mentally, but only as my wolf. I am going to walk to you now.
I padded over to Dina, and let her inspect me. I doubted that Dina could see my aura, because she wasn't looking around me.

She moved her hand to my neck and traced the M that was there. I was almost Dina's height, but she had me by a foot and a half. Jordan padded over to me, and laid his head on mine. I turned my head, and gave him what I think was a hug by placing my neck on his.

Dina stood next to us, watching the exchange. I tried to smile, but Dina stepped back. It probably looked like I was going to attack. I crouched down low in front of Dina, and she got the message. She climbed on my back and wrapped her arms around my neck.
I ran up the sloping rock we came down, and hurdled fallen trees. Dina squealed, and I ran faster. Jordan ran next to me, and he howled. I howled with him, and he looked at me with so much love, I almost ran into a tree.
I was sure my aura burned a hot pink.

Then I heard, and felt, a bullet blaze past me. I skidded to a stop. Jordan growled, and his aura flickered white and red. He got in front of me, and I saw that three Spirit Wolves were stalking us. On each wolf, there was a man, wearing a mask and holding either a shotgun or a sniper rifle.
The man in the middle was reloading his sniper. The other two men got off the wolves, and circled us.