Chapter Sixteen

"We leave for Dina tonight." Blake announced to the group he gathered. There were four of us here. One was Blake's best friend, Zac, and the rest were me, Blake, and Emily.

"I learned that Devin Lave is taking his pack hunting tonight, and that Dina will be at her house, unprotected. So the four of us will go and get her. She will be brought back here, but only if she agrees. Any objections, Love?" He said.

"No. if she doesn't want to come, then she won't." I said, not wanting to force my friend into anything.

"Any questions?" Blake asked the group.

"Are you British?" I asked Blake. Everyone laughed but me.

"Wait you were serious," Blake laughed out, "Yes I'm British, Love. Got a problem with that?" I blushed and shook my head.

"Ok. So since you can't get your speed under control, I will be carrying you there." Blake told me. I nodded.

"Wait. So you aren't even going to try to get me to stay here?" I asked.

"Won't you just escape anyway?" Blake asked. I pondered this for a moment.

"Carry on."

"Ok. So when we get there, you will get us into the house without any alarm going off. I assume you can get in with no problem?" Blake asked, and I nodded.

"So when we get to Dina, well it will just play by on the actions. Dismissed until called." Blake said. We all began filing out the door, but Blake called me back.

"Mayne. Stay with me." He said, but it sounded more like a plea. I nodded and sprawled out on the couch, while Blake sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"How do you feel about having two who love you unconditionally?" Blake whispered to me. I widened my eyes in shock.

"Jordan lied to me. You haven't. I know more about your kind than I do his. You have done more for me than he has," I told Blake, "But I can't choose between either of you. I love you both so much, that it hurts to think about not being able to have either of you."
I sighed. This is getting hard.

"I will protect you always, even if you do choose him instead of me. I won't challenge him for your love, Mayne, I want to have you for your own choice. I want you to choose, not one of us choosing for you by fighting the other." Blake told me passionately. I desperately wanted to kiss Blake right now, but I couldn't. I wouldn't.

I caved. I grabbed Blake's wrists and pulled him on top of me. His weight didn't affect me, and my wound had healed completely. I dug my hands through his straight, blonde hair and pulled his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes as he prodded my mouth open with his tongue. Blake was an amazing kisser, and I felt like I was floating. He moved to kiss my neck, and he almost bit into me, and I almost let him.

"I won't mark you." Blake growled out. I nodded and kissed him again, this time slower. We kissed for a while, before stopping to talk. I learned a lot about him, and he learned a lot about me. When I started yawning, Blake pulled out his phone.

"We should grab my phone when we get there," I said sleepily. Blake was doing something on his phone and I tried to look at his screen but he already turned it off.

"What was that?"

"I set an alarm for 8:30pm. We can take a nap for an hour and a half before getting ready." Blake told me. For a split second Blake was gone, and I felt a little cold when his warmth left with him. Blake came back again and this time he had a blanket.

He laid down next to me on the couch, and I snuggled as close as I could get to him. Blake covered us with the blanket and held me close.

"Goodnight, Mayne."