Chapter Twenty-One

After I finished telling Blake what I saw while I was unconscious, he was stunned.

"So you-what you're saying is that while your body was here, you're mind wasn't?" He asked nervously.

"Yeah. I just kept seeing my life on repeat for the past week, and then a new memory came. The memory made me feel."

"What was the memory?" He asked.

"You said you loved me." I said quietly. Blake tensed and I looked away, not sure of what I should feel. Blake put his hand under my chin and gently turned me to face him. I refused to look him in the eyes.

"Hey. Mayne, look at me." Blake pleaded. I finally looked into his violet eyes, and say nothing but love.

"I know that it is hard for you with Jordan and I, but I can't help feeling the way I do, Mayne."

I sighed and said, "I know Blake. It's just that it's hard with both you and Jordan here. I love you both so much, and I wish I could have you both. I know I can't though."

"I know that, Mayne, but you are going to have to choose eventually. I hate to be the one to say it, but you will." Blake had a look of guilt on his face and I wanted-no needed- to wipe it off. I leaned in close and kissed him. I knew I was going to regret it later, but I didn't care at the moment. I needed him. I broke away before things got too heated and breathed in as much air as possible. Blake was doing this as well.

"I love you too Blake. I know I'll have to choose, but be patient. It's extremely difficult to choose between two people that I am supposed to love unconditionally." Blake nodded.

"Take me to my room please. I don't think I have the strength just yet." I asked. Blake nodded and lifted me into his arms. I rested my head on his chest as he zoomed me up to my room. He laid me on my bed, and pulled the covers over me.

"Wait. Please stay." I asked as he started walking out my door. He nodded and got into bed with me. Blake pulled me close to his chest and pulled the covers up to my chin. I listened to the fast beat of his heart and slowly drifted off to sleep.

"I love you, Mayne." Blake whispered.

"I love you too, Blake." I told him before I drifted off into the darkness once again.

I woke up to Blake shaking me.

"Mayne, Zac is gone and there was a note left in his place." Blake told me urgently. I instantly felt awake, and grabbed the note that Blake was holding out for me.

Dear Mayne Luna,
It seems that your dear friend Zac here has failed me in killing you. Instead, it appears, he saved your life and you were ungrateful. So I have decided to take him off your hands. You have two days until we kill him. Until then, we will be at the place your beautiful mother was killed by yours truly. Just ask Jordan where she was killed. He knows. So until Wednesday, my dear Mayne.
Devin Lave
P.S. I do hope Blake has a wonderful ceremony tomorrow.

I swear I was going to rip that mans throat out with my own teeth. I got up from my bed and started pacing. I punched the wall, leaving a hole the size of my fist.

"Call a meeting. Include everyone." I demanded. Blake nodded and left to get everyone in the living room. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. In just a few minutes Blake came back to my room and told me everyone was in the living room.

I nodded and walked to the large, expensive living room. Everyone was talking so much that it just sounded like a continuous, loud noise. They grew quiet when Blake and I walked in, but looked confused when Blake sat down on one of the numerous couches. Blake gestured to me and I cleared my throat.

"Ok, so here's the deal," I started, "As some of you know, Zac was kidnapped by the Obscuro Luna Pack. We have two days until they kill him."

Some people gasped, and some people started crying along with Ems. Others were just quiet. I continued anyway.

"The pack leader will be waiting at the place where my mom died. Here's the thing, though. I don't want to save Zac. He had a part in my attack, but I'm we're going to save him anyway. He saved me in the end, so I'm going to do him a favor and save him."

The room became quieter, and Ems looked at me, her eyes telling me how thankful she was. I nodded at her and asked the question that I never thought to ask.

"Jordan. Where did my mom die?" I asked. My dad paled, and Jordan avoided my gaze.

"Jordan." I said, an uneasy feeling settling in my stomach. He finally met my gaze.

"She died at the willow." Jordan said. I froze and started to tremble. He started to get up from his seat, but I took a step back. He sank back into his seat.

"Listen Mayne, I'm sorry. I-" Jordan stopped apologizing when Blake grabbed my hand, and let him. Blake squeezed my hand, and I felt a little better. I took a deep breath in, and then out.

"After Blake's Choosing Ceremony, we will be training for war. No objections? Good." I told them and walked out. My friends, dad, and Jordan followed me out while Blake stayed behind and gave everyone their schedules.

"Mayne." Jordan said, and I ignored him.

"Mayne. Please, stop." He said again, and grabbed my wrist. I whipped around and glared at him.

"You screwed up, Jordan. Big time." I snarled and wrenched my hand free, and stormed up to my room. When I reached my room, I collapsed on my bed and started crying. It bothered me that I was crying so much, but I didn't care right then.

Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I jumped. Turning around, I saw my dad kneeling beside my bed. He had his arms in an open and welcoming gesture. and I let him wrap me in the comfortable hug. My dad started rubbing my back in slow, calming circles like my mom used to do before she died.

I cried harder. My dad cursed and started saying soothing things. That calmed me down. When I stopped crying he kissed the top of my head.

"Why does everything have to be so difficult?" I asked him.

"That's life, hon. Besides, we're werewolves, nothing about us is easy." Dad told me. I smiled up at him.

"Thanks, dad." He smiled back at me.

"Blake wants you in his office. Said he wanted to talk about some plans." He told me. I nodded and gave him one last hug before walking over to Blake's office. He was pacing the room when I walked in.

"Good you're here." Blake said, relieved. I suddenly got anxious, and nodded.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. Blake sighed.

"I don't know, Mayne. I have my Choosing Ceremony tomorrow and the day after we are most likely going into battle. I don't know what to choose." He cried out. I sucked in a breath and ran over to him. I pulled him in close and started rubbing his back.

"Blake, you have to choose what feels right for you. I can't tell you what to choose." I told him softly. He buried his face in my neck and breathed in deeply. He was taking in my scent, and it made me nuts. I leaned into him more, and held him to me tightly. I felt his fangs grow longer, and I zoomed across the room, away from Blake.

"I'm sorry Blake. I shouldn't keep teasing you like this." I walked to the door to leave, but Blake grabbed me by the waist, and suddenly we were in his room. I gasped when he flipped me around and pinned me to his bed.

"No. You really shouldn't keep teasing me like that." And with that Blake kissed me. I kissed him back immediately and gripped the nape of his neck, pulling him closer. He trailed kisses down my throat and lingered where a mark would eventually be. I pulled his head back to my lips, and kissed him fiercely.

"Blake." I moaned, then he stopped. I opened my eyes and stared into his violet eyes. He seemed to be struggling with something.

"I won't do anything until you choose. I promised." Blake said gruffly. He pulled me as close as he could and then we were under his covers. Blake kissed my head and I rested my head on his chest, closing my eyes.