Chapter Twenty-Two

I woke up to laughter and flashes of light. I groaned and pushing my head into my pillow. Then I remembered that my pillow was Blake. I quickly tried to roll away, but Blake had his arm around my waist, keeping me against him. I glanced towards the doorway and saw Dina and Ems with their phones out. Aimed at me and Blake.

My face burned red and I struggled against Blake's iron grip. The two only laughed harder, making no move to help me. I scowled at them and continued my struggle. After a few minutes of pulling on his arm, Blake rolled on top of me. I groaned, then the best idea came to me.

I started poking Blake in his face repeatedly. The girls laughed harder, and Blake finally woke up. They quieted when they realized he was awake. Blake stared at me intently with his violet eyes, and I stared right back. He finally captured my lips with his, and I moaned excitedly and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Dina and Ems made gagging noises, but Blake kept on until we were both gasping for breath. He smiled down at me and rolled off. I got off the bed as well and walked out to my room. My friends giggled behind me, and I decided then to just zoom to my room. I changed into jeans and a nice shirt. I plugged in my blow drier when Ems and Dina walked in.

The two scowled at my clothes and blow dryer. Dina walked over to the window I jumped out when I first came here and opened it. I stared at her questioningly, and then Ems threw my blow dryer out the window. I ran over to the window and saw it in pieces across the lawn. I turned back to them, furious.

"Why did you throw my blow dryer out the window?" I screamed at them.

"You are not just blowing out your hair and wearing what you'd wear on a normal day." Ems told me.

"So you threw the blow dryer out why?"

"You wouldn't have listened otherwise." Dina stated. I thought about it and agreed. Ems left and came back with a curling iron. I sighed and sat down. Someone blind folded me and I groaned. They told me to shut up, and sit still. I mumbled something about the two being bossy, but did as I was told.

In half an hour Ems had curled my hair in an up do, leaving a few strands on the side of my face. I stared in awe at how great it looked, then I looked over and saw the dress. My face burned redder than the dress. It was deep red and looked skin tight. I looked over to my best friends, my jaw dropped.

"Close your mouth. You're gonna catch flies. Now put on the dress, I'll zip you up." Dina commanded. I just nodded and slipped the dress on. Dina came over and zipped it up. I was correct. The dress was skin tight, but it was soft and comfortable. I looked in the mirror, stunned. I looked amazing. My friends smiled, happy with their choice.

"Thank you so much." I told them quietly, and I was thankful. I hugged them both tightly, and started to leave. The two grabbed my arms and pulled me back.

"No. You are not having anyone seeing you until the Choosing Ceremony." Ems told me. I groaned and walked over to my window. The clan members had cleaned up the blow dryer bits on the lawn, and were in the middle of setting up for Blake's Choosing Ceremony.

There were five rows of chairs, ten across, and a stage with stairs leading up to it. The words, Choosing Ceremony, were written neatly in Latin on a large banner above the stage. They were in the middle of filling the crystal bowls on marble columns. The bowl on the left held holy water, and the bowl on the right held hot coals.

In a matter of minutes, the clan turned the lawn into a ceremony, which would have taken hours if not for their speed and strength. I suddenly felt very anxious and plopped down on the floor. Dina and Ems rushed over to me and asked what was wrong.