Twelve

-_-_-_-_-PETER'S POV-_-_-_-_- 

Without waiting, I swung down to Gwen's window. I pounded on the glass for five minutes before the blonde finally walking over, and let me in. 

"Peter," she greeted, clearly shocked. 

I swung through the opening, and ripped my mask off, glaring at her. "You warned her about me?" I accused. "What else did you tell her?" 

At first, she seemed confused, but quickly composed her features. "I wouldn't say I warned her..." she said. "I just told her how you like to keep secrets." 

"Ever since Rayne came here, you've been acting weird." I was pacing the room, still glaring at her. "What is your deal?" 

"Deal? I don't have a deal!" she whisper shouted. 

"Just leave Rayne alone, alright?!" 

"You told her, didn't you?" Gwen smirked. "You told her, and now she hates you." 

I glared. 

"No, wait." She held up her hand. "You didn't tell her. She found out, didn't she?" 

"She wouldn't be so upset if you would've just kept your nose out of this!" I blamed. 

"That's what us girls do, okay? If we think a guy's bad news, we let the other know." 

"I'm done, okay?" I spat. "I was trying to be nice, but I'm done." 

Without another word, I walked to the window. 

"So that's it?" Gwen asked. 

I stepped out the window, and turned back to face her. "Yeah. It is." 

-_-_-_-_-RAYNE'S POV-_-_-_-_- 

Chop chop chop. 

Stab stab stab. 

"Is... everything okay?" Mom asked, closing the door behind her. 

I looked up from the fruit that I was brutally murdering, and glared. "I'm fine." 

"It doesn't look that way," she observed. 

"Well it is that way." 

"Hey, don't get snippy with me," Mom said, holding up her hands. "I'm not the one you're angry at... Am I?" 

"No," I huffed. "I'm mad at Peter." 

"Peter?" she asked. "Why? After that date you went on last night, and the date today-" 

"They weren't dates, Mom!" I shouted. "It was just two friends hanging out. And it won't happen again." 

Mom was silent for a little bit, and sat her purse down on the chair. "Alright, what happened?" she asked, sitting down. 

"Nothing," I said, stabbing an apple. 

"Come on, tell me," she sighed. 

"Gwen was right," I said softly. 

"Gwen? That girl who warned you about Peter?" 

I nodded. "He keeps secrets, just like she said." 

"Honey, you can't expect him to tell you his entire life's story after only knowing him a week," Mom told me. 

"No, but he kept something huge, something I think I had the right to know!" I fought. 

"Well, what was this big secret?" Mom asked. 

I shook my head, turning away. "Nothing important."