Twenty Three

UNEDITED

-_-_-_-Rayne's POV-_-_-_-

It took some effort, but we eventually dragged Kim over to the waiting police officers.

"Who's this?" one of them asked. "Where's the blonde chick?"

"This is her," Peter told him. 

The guy looked confused, but took her, and handcuffed her.

"Seriously, what am I supposed to tell my parents?" I whispered, as sirens filled the air around us.

Peter shrugged, and flung a web at the nearest building. In a blink of an eye, he was gone, and with one last look at Kim, I followed.

We raced back to my apartment, and after checking to make sure no one was around, we dove through the window. We sighed in relief, as we laid on the floor for a bit, just staring at the ceiling.

"Do you hear that?" Peter suddenly asked, and I propped myself up on my elbows.

There was a rattling noise, and I furrowed my eyebrows, turning to the door. The doorknob was jiggling, and I gasped, throwing Peter's hoodie at him.

I ran to my room, throwing my mask and gloves under my pillow, and grabbing the first pair of sweats and hoodie I found, throwing them on, before running back to the living room, only to see Gwen looking at us with shock.

Peter had his hoodie on backwards, and I had dark purple sweats with a light purple hoodie.

"You two are lucky it was just me," she chuckled, and pulled us both into a hug. "What happened? It was all over the news, but I mean, I didn't see anything. Where's  Kim?"

"Prison by now, hopefully," Peter said, pulling away to fix his hoodie.

"What about you?" she asked, turning to me. "You look perfectly fine now, other than a few scratches and bruises. This morning you could barely stand up."

"She poisoned me," I explained. "But I'm fine now, she had the anecdote."

She sighed, and after another hug, she sent to my room to change. When I returned, now wearing a pair of grey sweatpants, Gwen and Peter had the news on. I sat down next to them, and watched as they replayed our fight. I hadn't even noticed the helicopter flying around, but they had captured the whole thing, even Tempest changing to Kim.

"Well, this way, we don't have to worry about explaining this to our families," Gwen shrugged, twirling her hair.

I nodded, as the news reporter came on the screen, and started complaining about all the damage we had caused.

"I hate this guy," Peter groaned. "He always finds something to gripe about."

J. Jonah Jameson flashed at the bottom of the screen, and a picture of Spiderman and Spidergirl claimed our view. 

"First the giant lizard, and now the storm freak," J. Jonah complained. "And now Spiderman has a friend. Will this terror ever end?"

"Terror?" I questioned.

"Ignore him," Gwen sighed, standing up. "He spends his life trying to ruin Spiderman. And Spidergirl too, I guess."

"It's basically a fan club, except there's only one guy, and he hates us." Peter shrugged, and Gwen laughed at my expression.

"I've got to go," she announced, standing up. "My mom will be home soon, and she'll be upset that her sister-in-law is a villain and in prison."

I nodded, and stood up to give her a hug. "See you tomorrow," I smiled, walked her to the door. She left, and I went back to sit next to Peter