Six

-_-_-PETER'S POV-_-_-

I lied. I didn't really have plans for study hall, I just had an idea. Once I found out that Red was Rayne, I just... couldn't help it. I left Rayne behind, and ducked into a class room, quickly closing the door, and taking my outer layer of clothes off, leaving me in my suit. I put my mask on, and jumped out the window, waiting for the tardy bell to ring. When it did, I peeked out the window of the door to see if Rayne was still there.

Like I expected, she stood awkwardly in the hall after the bells had rang, and everyone had left. I watched her walk down the hall, feeling a bit stalkerish, not really caring. Right as she was passing in front of the door I was hiding behind, I knocked on it. She stopped in her tracks, and starting turning towards the door, and I stuck myself to the ceiling, waiting for her to come in.

The door opened slowly, but she stepped in, looking around. I waited for her to take a few more steps, before I dropped down behind her, and closed the door. She gasped, and turned to face me, shock clear on her face. I stood almost a head taller than her, and her eyes shone with confusion and fear. 

I chuckled at her expression. "So, Rayne," I said. "How you likin' school so far?"

"How... how did you know...?" she trailed off, still in shock.

I smirked. "I'm like a fly on the wall. Only bigger. And more spider-like," I said.

She giggled, and I couldn't help but smile. "So you're stalking me now?" she asked, and I blushed.

"I wouldn't call it stalking..." I mumbled, and she laughed again. 

"You can call it whatever you want, I'm going to call it stalking," she teased. "Now what are you doing here?"

"I found out who you were, and I thought I'd say hello," I told her. "And next time someone asks for a name to call you, don't make it something as obvious as your hair color."

"I told you it was my favorite color, and it is," she said, grinning. "I didn't think that I would ever see you other than at night."

I chuckled. "Speaking of which," I started, "are we still up for ten?"

She nodded. "Unless you've changed your mind."

I shook my head. "Ten it is, then." 

She smiled and sat down on the floor. "I hate school."

"I think we all do," I laughed.

She raised an eyebrow. "You sound familiar. Like I should know you."

I pressed my lips together. "Probably just a coincidence," I muttered, trying to make my voice sound deeper.

Rayne shook her head, grinning. "Okay, now I know I've seen you around somewhere. You trying to change your voice gave it away."

"Psh, no!" I exclaimed.

"Oh, come on!" she begged. "You know who I am, now let me see who's behind the mask!"

She stood up, and reached her hand up to lift my mask, but I grabbed her wrist. "How about, no?"

She glared playfully, taking her hand away. "Please?" she asked again.

I shook my head. "It's probably not a good idea."

She pouted, making her look like a kid who didn't get her way. I realized that she always reminded me of a little kid. Whether she was happy, or upset, she just had a childish attitude. "And why not?" she asked. 

I shrugged. "The police don't exactly like me. If they found out you were associated with me, they'd probably pull you in for questioning," I told her.

She looked at me for a while, a thoughtful look on her face. "I don't believe you," she said.

"How come?" I asked.

"You just don't sound sincere," she observed. "I bet you told someone once, didn't you? And it didn't end well, I'm guessing?"

I was silent for too long, and Rayne nodded.

"I thought so," she said quietly.

I didn't answer. I was too caught up in my thoughts of Gwen. I did tell someone. And it didn't end well.

Rayne gave me a sad smile. "I'm sorry. You don't have to tell me. I shouldn't have even asked," she apologized, sounding like she truly meant it.

I smiled, then realized she couldn't see it. "It's fine," I told her, but she didn't look convinced. "Really. I'll see you tonight, right?"

She smiled. "Yeah. And you're picking me up at my window, right?" 

I laughed. "As long as it isn't too stalkerish for you."