Four

Dinner was delicious, and Frank had even brought brownies for dessert. We ate those in the living room, and when Mom and him started talking about work, I excused myself to my room.

Looking at the clock, I saw that it was seven. I didn't have to meet up with Spiderman until ten. To pass the time, I decided to look for an outfit to wear tomorrow.

I rummaged through my boxes for a while until I found the perfect outfit. It was a black dress, with short sleeves, a collar, and a small red belt around the waist, that matched my hair. I decided that I would wear my red heels, and bring my red ballet flats in case my feet began to hurt. But, for my hair, I was at a loss.

Should I curl it? Straighten it?

I sighed and checked my phone for the time. Eight. I could hear Mom and Frank in the living room, laughing.

He was still here?

I had another two hours before I had to meet Spiderman. With nothing else to do, I started to unpack the boxes in my room. I hung my shirts and jeans in my closet, and threw all my socks and pajamas into my drawers. When all my clothes were put away, I went into the hall, and grabbed the first box I saw with my name on it.

I opened it, and found all my decor. It had pictures, little figurines, my alarm clock, and a few of my books. I set my alarm clock on the bedside table, and placed my little fairy figurine next to it. She had midnight black hair, a deep blue dress, and crystal like wings. The face was very realistic, with blue eyes, and pink lips. She was a gift from my mom when I was a little girl, and I loved it.

I hung my pictures on the wall, and placed the rest of my figurines in various places.

When I was done, I stepped back to admire my work. I still had a few things to do. My laptop was still buried somewhere, and I still had a lamp to place on my desk. I looked at the clock again. Nine thirty.

I listened for any evidence of Frank still being here, but it was silent. I put on some plaid pajama pants, and black tank top, then walked into the living room where Mom was sitting.

"Hey," she said when she saw me.

"Hi," I said. "I'm going to bed early, okay?"

Mom nodded, and stood up. "I think I'll follow. I have to go into work early in the morning to meet up with Mr. Samuels," she told me.

Mr. Samuels was her new boss here in New York.

"Okay, night," I said, giving her a hug, then walking back down the hall to my room. I sat on my bed, playing games on my phone for a few minutes before I got bored.

I had twenty minutes left, so I put my hair into a low ponytail, put a watch on, and put on my hoodie. I picked up the black mask, and held it in my fingers. I tilted my head from side to side, unsure if I should wear it. I must have stood there for ten minutes, because when I looked back at the clock, it was ten to ten.

In a rush, I threw the mask on, and climbed out on the fire escape. I glanced around to make sure no one was watching, then raised my hand, slightly curling my fingers, and watched the web hook onto the top of the building.

I groaned, looking up. Last night, when I had to climb up and down, it left me really sore. Nevertheless, I began to climb.

I had climbed about three stories, when I felt a familiar tingle run down my spine. It wasn't like when I was being attacked-no, this was warmer.

"You know, there's a much faster way to get up there."

I yelped, and lost hold of the web, but a gloved hand caught my wrist. I looked up to see Spiderman holding onto me.