Eighteen

-_-_-_-Rayne's POV-_-_-_- 

I paced on the rooftop, now completely covered in my suit. Peter was sitting on some old boxes a few feet away, his head in his hands, also in his suit. He hadn't said anything since we first snuck out here, and it was getting frustrating.

"Gwen Stacy," I said, with a slight growl in my voice. "Dr. Stacy. Kim. Kim Stacy, now Kim Siebert. That's it, I'm changing my name." 

Peter sighed, now looking up at me. 

"I'll get married," I decided, and although I wasn't serious, Peter still fell off his perch. "I'll marry Harry Styles. How does that sound? Rayne Styles. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" 

"Rayne, just calm down," Peter said, standing up, and putting his hands on my shoulders. "We'll figure out what she wants, take her down, have her arrested, or something. Everything will-" 

Something ringing cut him off, and he pulled his mask off and stared at his phone curiously.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" I asked, trying to peek and see who it was, but he ignored the call before I could look. 

"It's nothing," he insisted, but it started to ring again. 

"Is it your aunt?" I asked, now sitting on the same box he had earlier. 

"No, it's no one important," he repeated, and started to ignore the call again, but I flung a web out, catching the phone, and bringing it back to my ear. 

"Hello?" I sang, after pulling my own mask off. 

"Who is this?" a female's voice asked, and out of the corner of my eye, I could see Peter fidgeting. 

"Rayne Siebert," I answered, tilting my head. "Who is this?" 

"Rayne?" the girl repeated. "It's Gwen." 

I froze, staring straight ahead of me. "G-Gwen?" 

"Yes, and I'm so sorry if I'm interrupting something," she apologized, "but this is an emergency. I need to talk to Peter."

I wanted to say no. I really, really wanted to, but the urgency in her voice... it scared me. "He's right here," I told her, before tossing the phone over to Peter, who was giving me wary glances. 

"Yes?" he answered, and I closed my eyes, trying to focus all of my hearing on the phone. 

"Peter? Peter, this is important," I heard Gwen say. "Like, Spiderman important." 

My eyes shot open. "She knows?" I whispered, and Peter looked at me with wide eyes. 

How did you hear that? he mouthed, and I shrugged. 

"Gwen, what's wrong?" he asked into the phone, and I listened again. 

"My aunt," Gwen sighed. "She's in town for a while, and the other day... Look, it'd be easier to explain this in person. Can we meet up somewhere? After you and Rayne are finished with your... date." 

Now! I mouthed, jumping up and down. Tell her now!

Peter nodded. "Just come on up to the roof, alright?" 

"Is Rayne there?" I heard, and I shook my head rapidly, slipping on my mask. 

"Er, no, I just dropped her off," Peter lied, raising his eyebrows at me. 

Gwen must have responded, because Peter was saying goodbye, and turned to me. "Are you just going to stand there while she's talking, or what do you have planned?"